“Don't know what they are saying” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins

Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins
Atlanta, Georgia
“Don't know what they are saying”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

It's a small mom and pop place in the MOUNTAINS. I read these and I don't know what people truly expect in the mountains. Wireless? You're in the MOUNTAINS and I saw how much work they went in to upgrading it. Everyone there was keeping us updated and they had multiple contractors trying to get it even STRONGER. I was there for a few weeks and watched them all work hard. I watched as people locked themselves out and there was always someone coming up the mountain - even late night with kids to let these people in! I think that goes above and beyond and I got what I expected which was a nice time that was quiet and away.

Room Tip: If you want just an overnight stay, the rooms are fine for the value. If you need room, get a cabin...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Shannon S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed a couple nights here and the room had CLEARLY not been cleaned before my arrival. There was hair in the shower and trash under my bed. The cabins look nice from the outside but beware. This place is gross. Also, the internet didn't work and the manager didn't care. And they got irritable with me when I asked for clean towels after nobody had come to clean my room for 2 days. Talked to some of the residents here and NOBODY had anything good to say about this place. I'll find another cabin next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank moutainman79

Travelers are raving about these Lyons hotels

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I reserved a room in the lodge after many discussions with the staff and planned to arrive on a Wednesday afternoon or early evening and stay for 3 nights. I was informed that if the office was closed they had a late check in box and keys would be left inside. Just to be sure I called the day before, no one returned my call. So while in route on Wednesday we called again and were told not to worry the keys would be in the late check in box. We arrived at 5:30 p.m. After driving 500 miles and guess what? No keys, no one in the office and the lodge room we were told would be ours was rented to someone else. We called both the office and the emergency after hours number and no one answered, we didn't get a call until Thursday at 10 a.m. Unbelievable!!! We drove to Boulder and had a great experience at The Homewood Suites on Baseline Rd. Great staff, clean rooms just a wonderful time. If I were you I would forego even considering the stone mountain lodge!

Room Tip: You get what you pay for!
Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank RoyW2
Herndon, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a wedding that took place on the premises. The place is quaint, but somewhat past its prime. Rooms are small, with the bathroom in particular inconvenient for toiletries for two people. Still, the place was fine for a couple of nights and ultra-convenient for the wedding.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RodneyHerndon
Grant, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

For a short anniversary getaway, my husband and I stayed in a cabin on this property and loved it! It was roomy and homey and had everything we needed. The grounds are gorgeous, and even though it was very early spring and everything wasn't in full bloom, it was obvious that it soon would be because employees were outside diligently working on the grounds. The help was friendly and accommodating. Carrie's personable managerial skills are evident by the way all of the employees cohesively work together and interact with each other. Bonnie is knowledgeable, friendly and very pleasant and accommodating, both over the phone and in person. Gabbi is friendly, willing to help, and makes everyone feel at ease. Chelsea was very accommodating with directions and assistance for a side trip to Denver. We would definitely stay there again! Even though it is located along the highway, once we pulled in, it felt very private and quiet. We loved the experience!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

Today I called Stone Mountain Lodge to find a venue for my wedding on 09/15/12. I explained my situation to Bonnie and unfortanately she didnt have any availability for her venue. About 5 minutes later she called me and asked what she could do to help. This was probably one of the best things that could have happened to me in this stressful situation. If I were someone looking for a wedding venue I would reccomend working with these ladies they truly do care, obviously since they offered to help someone who is not even getting married at their venue. Thank you for being so kind.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank aaren87
Maple Glen, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My brother and I stayed in a cabin at Stone Mountain Lodge and Cabins in November and had a great experience. Carrie answered any questions we had and worked with us on an extended stay. We would definitely come back to visit again.

Paul

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
stonemountainlodge, General Manager at Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins, responded to this review, December 13, 2011
Thank you for your support!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lyons
Hampton Inn & Suites Boulder - North
Boulder Adventure Lodge
Boulder Adventure Lodge
#4 of 19 in Boulder
4.5 of 5 stars 134 reviews

Been to Stone Mountain Lodge & Cabins? Share your experiences!