“Excellent Cajun Cookin'”

Oskar Blues Grill & Brew
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Lyons
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Chicago, IL
“Excellent Cajun Cookin'”
Reviewed July 25, 2010

I do not imbibe, so I cannot tell you about the beer. However, I do eat, and the food here is excellent! I go out of my way to go to this restaurant. I have tried a variety of items on the menu. All have been very good. It is Cajun cooking, and it is spiced to perfection.

One item not to be missed are their sweet potato fries. WOW! Only $2.99 and you get a huge serving. There are enough to share. Another treat are the fried grits. When is the last time you saw fried grits on a menu? They also have daily specials that are quite tasty.

I recommend that if you go with friends, order different dishes and share. You will be pleasantly surprised just how good this out of the way restaurant is.

Lyons is about a 20 minute drive west off of I-25. While you are there, you will find next door Lyons Classic Pinball. If you like pinball, this is pinball Heaven!!!

Los Gatos, CA
“Worth the Pilgrimage”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

As I plan my vacations from brewery to brewery across this great land, I finally got to the Rockies this summer and to Oskar Blues in Lyons. This is basically a roadhouse-type pub in a small town at the very foot of the Rockies, conveniently located on the northern route to the national park from Denver/Boulder. The brewhouse sits adjacent to the pub. I found everything a great pub should have: bar with everything they brew on tap, dining room, outdoor seating, super friendly waitstaff, bluesy music playing, all kinds of folks, and good pub food. The beer styles are well represented, and my personal fave, Gubna, is to die for. Couldn't find it anyplace else on draught, not even in Denver. Recommended.

Golden, Colorado
“Usually good, but not when it's busy.”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I've been several times and always enjoyed my visit. This time, however, the rude "maitre'd" was exceptionally rude; the two waitresses asked how many and were nice, but then he came over and rudely blurted, "It's going to be more than an hour." So, evidently they weren't interested in my business or my money, so we left. Don't go during the holidays.

Show Low, Arizona
“Good food, good beer”
Reviewed September 20, 2008

My husband and I had dinner here during our vacation. The beer was excellent and the food was very good. They serve more than just pub food -- he had blackened scallops with parmesan potatoes, while I had a catfish po'boy with sweet potato fries. The emphasis is on New Orleans style cooking. The decor (also New Orleans style) is fun, and they sometimes have music downstairs. Check it out if you're in the area.

1 Thank BonB
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Good Beer. Good Blues. Good Food. Hmmm... Good times!”
Reviewed February 9, 2008

Good Beer. Good Blues. Good Food. Hmmm... Good times!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook