“I wouldn't go again!”

Ranked #13 of 26 Restaurants in Lyons
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Coming after a week of back-country camping in Rocky Mountains National Park, we stopped to eat Villa Tatra. The people there were welcoming but slow to bring us the food which was tasty but very little for the price your' paying. Just not worth it!

Reviewed May 15, 2010

We've been going to Villa Tatra for years and it's truly a family favorite. Worth the trip every time. They do treat you like family and the pierogi are the best ever. Lovely place, lovely people and lovely food. What more could you ask for?

Reviewed July 18, 2009

The Tatra has a cozy dining area with plenty of art and gifts to peruse. I cannot say enough about the Polish plate with out of this world pierogis, stuffed cabbage, and kielbasa. And the walnut torte! Great service provided by friendly women with thick Polish accents. Mrs. and Mrs. Puszman (who built the place) would be proud even today.

2  Thank ChicagoBruno
Reviewed September 9, 2007

I have eaten here once, based on a recommendation from a friend, and mainly I could say about the food that it was not very good and very overpriced. That, however, did not inspire me to write this review.

I got married last weekend in RMNP. On the way back home to Boulder, there was a traffic accident that held us up about an hour between RMNP and Boulder. We stopped here after this ordeal to ask to please use the restroom-- keep in mind I was wearing a wedding dress. The hostess told us-- obviously lying-- that the restrooms were out of order. I stood in my wedding dress and-- given the sign that restrooms were for customers only-- asked please, I will buy something from your gift shop, we really need to use the restroom-- only to be told again that the restrooms were out of order.

One person in our party, who desperately needed to use the restroom, had to take some tissues from the limo and have someone stand guard while she went behind a shed next to the restaurant to go to the bathroom. And then-- I kid you not-- someone whistled and sent three dogs running after her that she had to run from in heels. It was really the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

What made this even more absurd was that there were only two tables seated in the restaurant at the time. We offered to pay to use the restrooms and they refused. I understand the policy of only allowing paying customers to use the restroom, but REFUSING paying customers-- I don't believe it. And if the restrooms really were out of order-- well, you can't open for business without a working restroom.

This place is like a schticky log cabin that claims to have some kind of specialty European food but really just has smoked food that all tastes the same, and has really, really ridiculous ideas about service. I would urge you not to eat here. But if you do, please post your reviews-- I know mediocre food and service does not usually inspire a review-- but given their other ridiculous policies, people really should know that their food is not that great, very overpriced, and that they are extreme jerks.

6  Thank jld1975
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 30, 2005

When I stepped into the restaurant it felt like I was actually in Poland. There was a lot of slavic decor and the restaurant was even shaped as a mountain chalet. The menu was very extensive, featuring items such as smoked sausage, and stuffed cabbage. I really enjoyed the dressing with the salad. In addition I thought that their smoked platter was awesome. It had salmon, sausage, elk, and fish. All of the items prepared had natural ingredients. The atmosphere was very relaxed/romantic. I had a great time at the restaurant, and it was some of the best Polish food that I have ever had.

P.S. They even sell there smoked products online @ (---)