“Quaint little place”

Dining options: Breakfast
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Quaint little place”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My wife and I, along with my sister and her husband, were headed to Estes Park and RMNP and decided to stop in Lyons for a cup of coffee and a little breakfast. We stopped in town and actually were headed to another business when the Barking Dog caught our eye. We went there and found it to be a small town coffee shop and cafe. It is decorated in a warm and friendly way, with the emphasis on the "dog" part of their business name. The coffee hit the spot. Nothing fancy, but not bad at all. Their breakfast meals were yummy. Although, it was hard to tell if the breakfast burritos were their homemade ones or ones they purchased at the local supermarket (as I saw them open the fridge and pull out pre-packaged burritos, unwrap them and place them in a microwave). I was the only one that didn't have the burrito. I had a breakfast bagel (BLT on an Everything) and that was delicious. We all had the Cinnamon Rolls (also, unknown if homemade or store bought) and they were extra good. The staff was very friendly and patient with us as we looked over the menu (order at the counter). It did seem a little bit in disarray at times (messy tables and people acting like they belonged behind the counter), but overall it's a quaint little place that was friendly and value priced. We were very glad we stopped.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank SteveC402

kansas city
“Coffee shop”
Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

So the coffee is okay as there are not alot of other choices. I found the patrons rude.I dont know if the guy who went behind the counter to fill up the creamer worked there as he sat down outside w a companion. My children were in there and said excuse me to him and he just brushed them aside obvidiously to get back to his date. I wouldnt return nor would i recommend it.

Seattle, Washington
“Good all-around!”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Good food, friendly staff, clean. Good place to grab a coffee or stop for a bite wile heading through Lyons.

Visited June 2012
everywhere
“Alright but obnoxious children”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

I'm assuming the 2 boys, probably about 11 and 13 years old are the children of the owner or something, and they were given fly squatting duty. I've been sitting in here for 30 minutes and they are winding up smashing their fly squatters all over the place extremely obnoxiously, been smashing an inch away from my computer and juice for 30 minutes now and they cannot read my body language that they are extremely annoying and stupid.

So this place isn't that bad, but all it is is a coffee place with wifi, nothing special. I would recommend until the school year starts back to come in here for a coffee.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank AnimalCracker
Lyons, CO
“Great little place”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

There are a couple of coffee houses in Lyons - if you'll pardon the pun, this is the pick of the litter.

Small, comfortable, couches, free wireless, clean and central to the sprawling metropolis of 1300 residents that is Lyons (OK, that last part was tongue in cheek).

The coffee is solid, though the house roast is pretty dark. The counter sells goodies from a place called the "Butter Cream Bakery" - darn good stuff and it's fresh (I think the bakery is right behind the coffee shop).

If you're driving though Lyons and need a cup 'o joe or a something quick to eat, this place is a great choice.

• Visited March 2012