“May be the best Pulled Pork in CO”

Smokin' Daves BBQ and Taphouse
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Lyons
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Watch out Rudy [Colo Springs] this place has pulled pork that makes it impossible for me to decide who has the best in CO. If you are going anywhere near Lyons you have to stop and have some BBQ at Smokin Daves. This is my sixth time here, and I always have the pulled pork dish or sandwich. It is so good it does not need any of those sauces. The side dishes are good tasting and the staff is friendly. Sorry I have never had any desserts. The prices are mountain town high and I wish they were lower.
I rate this excellent for CO quality. {there is another Smokin Daves in Estes Park}. Remember you are in CO and not in TN or TX so BBQ is not a native dish.

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stopped here en route to Estes Park, where the original restaurant is. We both ordered the Texas BBQ brisket and it was a revelation. When I was a kid on a fishing trip to the Ozarks, my dad and stopped at a country store selling home-made, smoked beef jerky. I had never been able to capture that taste until this night in Colorado. My wife loved her meal too. It was worth flying here from Charlotte just for that moment.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

Joining a group of Gold Wingers staging for an evening ride up Trail Ridge Road, my wife and I were first timers at Smokin' Dave's. The darkness of the restaurant was a little unsettling at first, but once our eyes adjusted and we were greeted by our friends, we were in hog heaven. We love smoked meat and bar-b-q. This night we wanted to try the Bison Ribs...our first. Holey Smokes, Dave! What meat! Succulent and flavorful! We split the two side into plain and sweet potato fries. OMG everything was sooo good! Add boisterous friends who braved the rain on their motorcycles and much FUN ensued! The servers were fantastic as about 24 of us were served. Can't wait to go back and try more entrees! I heard many say that SD's is now on the dinner ride itineraries! Come, try it! You'll love it!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

My wife and I recently took a much needed day off to Ride the Peak to Peak hwy. We hadn't been to Lyons since before the floods and decided to stop in and see how the town had bounced back from the carnage. I sure am glad we decided to stop for lunch at Smokin Daves. Our lunch was awesome. The server was very friendly and "on the ball". My wife ordered the Reuben sandwich which was nicely toasted with a generous portion of smoked corned beef but the sandwich I ordered will have me making the lond trip again just for the food I was served at Smoking Daves. I decided to order the "PitMaster". This "thing" is amazing! A giant roll topped with slow smoked brisket on one side, pulled pork on the other side and a spicy smoked link sausage to boot. My Doctor would probably "have a cow" if he knew I consumed this, but I personally think it's to die for. The brisket was so succulent and tender it melted in my mouth and the pulled pork reminded me of days spent in Virginia and North Carolina. Add some crispy sweet potato fries and a serving of cole slaw and you have heaven on a plate add a tall glass of iced tea and you have a perfect summer lunch. All this for around 10 clams PP. Are you kidding me.

I know where I'm having lunch in Lyons.....

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I had the catfish with two sides for $13.95. Talk about more than enough food for one person. I brought half of it home and had it at night. Catfish had been prepared with cornmeal and was not greasy at all. Their baked beans were outstanding. My son loved his pulled pork sandwich and great beer. We would definitely return and return and return!