“Really liked this meal”

Smokin' Daves BBQ and Taphouse
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Lyons
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Longmont, Colorado
“Really liked this meal”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We keep driving past it to go up to Estes or into the mountains. Decided to stop here instead of one of the usual spots, with guests from New York. We were seated promptly and the waitress was very nice. We ordered various plates, from pulled pork sandwich to the ribs. Food was served casually in baskets, the portions were large and the sides were very tasty. There are so many BBQ joints around town, and everyone has their 'favorite', and I would consider this one of my favorites now, when I am going into Lyons area or coming back from the parks or whatever. We were pleased with the value for the money. The place has a homey feel. We did not sit outside or at the bar but will eventually sit outside, the patio looked comfy and fun, the bar was good-sized and they advertise a happy hour.

• Visited September 2012

“Tasty food, lacking the "tap house"”
Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

The food here was great and the portions were very large. We had the pulled pork (with baked beans and potato salad) and the St. Louis ribs (with a double order of red beans and rice). The sauces were good and the flavor of everything was as good as we could ask for, the only disappointment was every beer we asked for was out. It seemed the only ones in stock were the typical Coors, Bud, or Blue Moon. We ended up just settling for water after the 3 strikes. Guess we'll try somewhere for beer that has a mediocre food review but stellar beer review?! All in all, I would recommend for a good lunch or dinner that isn't too pricey and appeases the BBQ craving.

Paris, France
“Below average on the best of days”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Despite the positive reviews for Dave's I repeatedly am disappointed with their bbq. Dave's does not use a fire pit or an offset smoker as you'd find in Kansas City. They use an restaurant smoker out back that really doesn't develop the smokey flavor you'd get from a pit or offset smoker.

The atmosphere and potential are great but if ever visit Smokin Yards in Idaho Springs you'd taste the difference.

The sauces all tend to be sweet, similar to KC Masterpiece. For the pulled pork they only offer a sweet mustard sauce rather than the traditional vinegar based red sauce. If they use a rub on the ribs its invisible to the palate.

I admit I'm a bbq traditionalist and have a high standard but more effort into their recipes would go a long way.

• Visited June 2012
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Smokin' Dave's”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

VERY pleasantly surprised! Great BBQ. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and cut it into little sections so that I could try all of the sauces. I don't know yet if I prefer the Original Sweet Carolina or the Tangy. I will definitely be going back. I saw some of the other plates going out - the Onion Rings looked terrific. I'll try them next time. I found the price to be reasonable, the service was very good and the food was excellent.

• Visited June 2012
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Smokin Daves is a keeper!”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Good food, portions big enough to share. the corn on the cob was bland, but the sauces were tasty, the meat was tender, fall off the bone good. Corn bread was my fave! Get a sweet iced tea to go!

Visited June 2012