“Very Good German Style Breakfast”
Review of Schmidt's Bakery & Deli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Schmidt's Bakery & Deli
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Breakfast was very good, the schnitzel was very tasty.
I would recommend their breakfast it was very good.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Pastries are very good, and traditional German food in the restaurant is accompanied by a small grocery selection. This is the best place within 50 miles to get a cake!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This is a GREAT Backery with amazing cakes, pasteries, and pies. I would love to give them a 5 star rating however they are not very accomadating to food allergies and so a 4 star is a must.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I really expected it to be better than it was. Might be the new owners that are the issue

Reviewed May 12, 2012

A group of us ate lunch at Schmidt's after a unique morning of visiting the Lucky 3 Mule Ranch. There was much discussion at the lunch table about the state of Schmidt's after the change in ownership. This was my first visit, so I have no "before" to compare my experience with, but here is my take. Overall, the comments on the lunch were favorable and my portabello sandwich with the sweet potato fries was pretty good. I did not hear any complaints at my table, but I didn't hear many exultations either.

The value was average for what you received and the service was quite good. The bakery and deli are large and the pastries were quite a display of naughtiness for those with a sweet tooth. I did not buy or eat any of the deserts, but several others did, so I cannot comment on the quality or taste of the pastries, but they looked quite delicious. I would suggest that all who like pastries and desserts to give this place a try.

Note: At a later visit I tried the sugar cookies and the oatmeal cookies and they were quite good, but a little pricey.

1  Thank Goatesians