“Excellent value!"”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Loveland
Edenton, NC
“Excellent value!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel. We were attracted to the site by previous Trip Advisor reviews. We qualified for the AAARP/Senior rate. Hotel located in an area complete with an outlet mall, several restaurants and other hotels. Front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. We chose to stay at this hotel while we visited the Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park area. Although it required a commuting time of almost an hour each way, it saved us a great deal on hotel costs--money that we could use for tours, restaurants, etc.

Room Tip: If you need a micro-fridge, call ahead. We were disappointed to find out that one wasn't availa...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ffiloveland, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
I am very pleased that you found our hotel such a value. It was a pleasure having you stay with us. Sincerely, Jeff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff members at the Fairfield Inn were very friendly, courteous, and professional. The rooms were very clean and up to date.

• Stayed June 2011
I am very lucky to have the staff I do at this hotel. They are all hard working and try to make every guest feel at home. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Loveland.
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2011

I was visiting family in Eaton, CO and needed a place to stay that was affordable for 5 nights. The Fairfield Inn had a room available for less than $100 a night, so I took it, and was happy.

The desk personnel were, without exception, friendly and helpful. Check-in was uneventful (as it should be), and I was given maps and information about various destinations in the area when I mentioned that I was planning to visit them. Pro-active staff, that's a good thing!

I passed an indoor swimming pool that looked nice, and I know that there was also a workout room, but I used neither.

The room was a good size with a flat-screen TV that got HD channels. There was a desk and free broadband wifi. The bath was adequate, with the expected features, including a hair dryer, an iron and a full-sized ironing board. Everything was not only clean, but well-maintained; nothing looked tired or like it was past its expiry date. There was no fridge or safe.

The bedspreads in many hotels are revoltingly filthy, but Marriott has found a way around that; the bed is covered with a textured white sheet that can be removed for laundering at the same time the sheets are removed. There is a colorful sort of "runner" draped across the foot of the bed which was easily removed. So, no sleeping under someone else's yuck! The mattress was comfortable and bedbug free.

Breakfast was included and fine; good coffee, juice, yogurt, fruit cups, bagels, bread, cereal, make-your-own-waffles and refrigerated packaged quiche and biscuit-egg-cheese-bacon sandwiches to be microwaved. Something for everyone.

The hotel is built in proximity to a small but diverse shopping area; there is a Panera, a Target, a liquor store and lots of other retail businesses within half a mile, which I found handy.

My only small gripe (easily solved too!) was that I am 1) short, and 2) nearsighted. There were two mirrors in the room, one over the bathroom sink and the other in the bedroom. Neither is well-placed for a short, nearsighted woman to apply makeup. I had to stand on my toes and lean over the 24-in sink to get close enough to the mirror to see, and actually ended up using the facetime camera on my iPhone more than once instead of the mirror. My suggestion is to install a wall-mounted two-sided mirror (regular and magnifying) on an extension arm in the bathroom. It would have been very useful. Also, a full-length mirror in the bedroom would have been nice; I didn't care so much since i was on vacation, but if this had been a business trip, it would have been good to have been able to give my appearance a final check every day.

But these are small things in the overall picture. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank oddprofessor
ffiloveland, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you so much for the kind words. Your review reflects the service levels that we strive for daily. It is nice of you to take the time to let others know about our property and the team. Thank you, sincerely, Jeff.
Lansing, MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

On our way home from a 6 week road trip, we changed our plans and ended up in Loveland. Needing a place for the night, I checked TA and found good reviews about this property; I was able to get a room at the last minute and was so happy that we did.
The room was a king, non smoking property; the room was completely clean and with the exception of the heavy footed person upstairs, very quiet.
The best part, the bed, extremely comfortable!; We got the best night's sleep in 6 weeks; this place is great!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JRHLansing_MI
ffiloveland, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
I could not be more pleased with comments. My team works hard to make sure our guests have a pleasant stay with us so it is greatly appreciated when someone praises us. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are out our way.
Sincerely, Jeff
Spencer, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed here for one night while in town for a wedding. The rooms were very basic, but very clean. The breakfast in the morning was very good, but they could do better with their layout. It was very crowded and it seemed the most popular items were back in the corner and hard to get to. The location is fantastic, just off the interstate but far enough away where you don't hear the traffic. There is an outlet mall within walking distance and several restaurants in the immediate area. Overall this was a nice hotel that I would return to in the future.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
ffiloveland, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Loveland Fort Collins, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Thank you very much for your kind Review. I greatly appreciate your input and we are looking at the breakfast area to see if there is a better way to lay it out. Hopefully the next time you are in town we will see if it works better for you. Thanks again, Jeff
Vail, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

Front desk staff were great, very friendly. Received preferred room request (high floor, near elevator) - a bit tricky to find if not familiar with area. We were in town for one night, prior to a volleyball tournament and it was sufficient for a night's sleep.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you Amy for the review. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town for Volleyball. Sincerely, Jeff
Kernersville, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

On my last business trip, I had to stay in 4 different locations in 4 nights. No comparison between this location and any other. Marc was working at the front desk and welcomed me to the hotel. Being a Marriott rewards member, helped get a better rate. The room was actually comparable/better to the room I stayed in at the Marriott Grand Dunes in Myrtle Beach.... Both locations, had perfect front desk personnel. The room was updated and in outstanding condition. The location is next to the outlets and very close the interstate. I have paid twice as much at hotels that do not come close to the quality and service as the Loveland, CO Fairfield in.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
There is really nothing I can add - your title says it all. Thank you for your kind words. I will make sure to share them with the team.