“Going downhill”

Hampton Inn Loveland
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed November 4, 2010

As a family, we have been staying at this Hampton Inn for 3 years. On our most recent visit, however, we were disappointed. We arrived late (after midnight) to a locked set of doors. Instead of being greeted with a "hello, and how can I help you', the manager on duty yelled through the glass doors, "Do you have a reservation?" and we waited while she unlocked the doors to let us in out of the cold. When we finally got to our rooms, the temperature was hard to regulate, and it was much less clean than usual. It seemed to us like the Hampton Inn was trying to cut costs and have fewer staff, which definitely translated into a less clean hotel, and a hotel that was not being maintained properly. Even the coffee was terrible. The only bright spot to our visit was Emma, who greeted us at breakfast with a smile and friendly conversation. After being loyal Hampton Inn customers, we will be going elsewhere for our next visit.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed November 1, 2010

This is an ideal location - you can walk to great places to eat, a little shopping center, etc. There is also an outlet mall within walking distance too if you have the time. Nice Hampton overall - great staff - not sure why people are saying bad things about Phil - I stay at Hamptons all the time and he was SUPER nice to us. He really went out of his way to help us find a great place to eat, give us bottles of water and sign my boss up for Hilton's Honors program. He was great, and this hotel was nice overall - a great business traveler hotel and they have a nice pool as a bonus!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I got my own dose of Phil in a recent visit. I arrived after a 16 hour drive from California with my confirmation paper in hand. We stood at the counter for 10 minutes with another customer yelling "Hello!!" at the top of their lungs..Phil finally arrived with the comment, "Where did you all come from?" (By this time there were 4 or 5 of us in line.) As I walked up to the counter, I was told that if I didn't have a reservation there were no rooms anywhere in the entire area. I confidently handed him my confirmation page and waited to be given my room. At this point, he informed me that my reservations were for the next night and they had zero rooms. I could not believe it. Even though I had the paper in my hand, sent to me by an employee from that hotel, he said I had canceled those reservations, angrily turning the screen in my direction. I know that I did not cancel that reservation. We went back and forth with him finally telling my daughter, "If I had a dollar for every time you have said "But I have a confirmation number, I could retire." Not the answer I wanted. I was on the phone with Hilton Honors and some one came in off the street, and he found them a room elsewhere. I was like..excuse me..you found that person a room but I am sitting here waiting for Hilton Honors to try to find me something??? I was told by Hilton Honors to drive around and find a room..not something I wanted to do. Eventually Hilton Honors found me a room 50 minutes away at a Hometown Suites..We arrived at the hotel at 11;40 with two hungry kids and squished in a full size bed and pull out couch. We finally got them fed and asleep about 1:00. When I called the next day, I was basically told that they had canceled my original rooms to set up a block and that I needed to recall and redo my room to arrive a day earlier. I am not a mind reader, I thought the confirmation was good. Other people in my group were double billed, billed the whole week on two different cards, etc. We ended up leaving and going to the Embassy Suites which was the same price, friendly people working the counters, breakfast, and happy hour. Plus the rooms are at least twice the size..

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2010

It is truly regrettable to an extent when our computer technology has given us some many advances where in our industry multiple reservations can be made under one confirmation number and apply to different persons and also with different arrival/departure dates. Unfortunately, what also occurred involved other persons where assurances were made and also where other persons then stepped in and made every attempt to sort things out and make the best of this situation.
We truly do apologize that we were not able to find an acceptable alternative and are glad that some of their team is staying with us so that we might show them our 100% Hampton hospitality during their week long stay with us and also that comfortable accommodations have been located for the remaining team members. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights at the end of a 3 week tour of the mid west. It was our 12th hotel of the trip so we had plenty of "hotel" experience. Our room was comfortable and unlike two previous Hampton Inns we stayed in the room had a fridge (we were wondering if Hampton had a policy of not providing a fridge in its rooms!) The bathroom was a bit on the small side but it was adequate for us. The hotel had a lovely pool too but what impressed us most was the friendliness of the reception staff and Emma our breakfast server. We got good advice about restaurants (Lone Star Steakhouse and Carino's Italian restaurant were both very good and within easy walking distance of the hotel) and you were left with the impression that the staff really cared about you and your comforts. We also got advice about the nearby Outlet stores (again a very short walk behind the hotel complex). Emma provided a great breakfast (her savoury bacon and herb scrambled eggs were so good) and she too was on hand to offer tips about wildlife viewing in Rocky Mountain National Park. When we left the hotel the staff wished us well and hoped we would return some time again. This hotel is not big on luxuries but it's certainly big on personal service. After staying in 11 other hotels some (though not all) of them lacked this personal touch and appeared indifferent about its guests. Well done Hampton of Loveland!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed for four nights. Everyone was extremely hospitable and helpful, the front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast supervisor. The Inn was very clean and the king sized room, very comfortable. Good location for shops and restaurants. Easy on/off access to IH 25.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

It is always very gratifying to hear from our guests and know that we have made their stay a very pleasant one. Nowadays, we all seem to be surrounded by so much negativity with bad news from so many different avenues and to share our smiles and good news with each other is a tremendous boost to the spirits. Thank you - Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed February 11, 2010

We chose this hotel because we have found Hampton Inns to be for the most part,cleanand comfortable, with minimum ammenities. They are not a high end Hotel. When we arrived the night clerk was deep in loud gossip with another night staff worker. We stood for several minutes until"Phil" sarcastically asked"can we help you with something"? I replied we'd like a room for 1 night for 2 people. He gave us a rate that was higher than we had paid on a previous visit. When my husband asked him why the rate increase, he went into a loud diatribe about how "we're not a Motel 6, we're a Hilton owned property!" Had my husband not been exhausted from a recent chemo treatment and a 7 hour ride in the car, Mr Phil would have gotten an earfull. Instead I politely accepted the room, knowing my husband needed rest. The room was small, with a King sized bed. The heating was noisy. When we told "Phil" we were missing a light bulb in one of our bedside lamps, he said he would have to get one from upstairs? He did bring it by later in the evening,reluctantly.We travel year round for business,pleasure, and medical trips. We have been staying at hotels and motels for over 30 years. We have stayed at mom and pop funky route 66 type motels, to high end resorts in Scottsdale,LA and the east coast. There is no excuse for rude,sarcastic behavior in the hospitality industry. If you can't answer a simple question, with a polite answer, without trying to humiliate your customer base; you need a different job. Try Best Western instead, or any of the other many accomodations now available in the Loveland/Ft.Collins areas.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank DeadwoodRed
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2010

We continually solicit feedback from each of our guests through all avenues to enable us to service you in the best manner possible. The entire staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests are pleased with their stay from the moment that they check in with a reminder of our 100% Hampton guarantee to a breakfast greeting in the morning of how your stay is and upon departure wishing each guest a wonderful day and if their stay was a pleasant and enjoyable one. Our commitment to each guest is that during their stay if something is not right, we will make it right. This is our guarantee......General Manager Hampton Inn Loveland

Reviewed July 13, 2009

Loved this stop and town. Very nice, safe-feeling town and hotel right off of interstate. Clean room with no problems. Excellent staff and breakfast. Great mall and movie theatre across the freeway from hotel. Target and Chili's near hotel. Great access to Denver area and Rocky Mountain National Park.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family