“I wouldn't stay here again if it was the last hotel in town. There is a LaQuinta nearby.”

Hampton Inn Loveland
Ranked #5 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Okay so here is the deal. My brother in law, Robert, was getting married. He invited us to come from Orlando and we met his parents at the airport in Denver, they came in from Chicago. He said that he had paid for the hotel and all we had to do was show up. He also had alerted the hotel that we would like rooms next to each other on the main floor. My in-laws are in their mid seventies. When we got there about 4:30pm our rooms were not ready. They kept saying that check in was anytime after 3:00pm. As if anytime meant like 6pm maybe. We were not happy after traveling all day, we needed to get showered and dressed for a wedding rehearsal that night. My wife gave them a credit card for incidentals and she was charged for two rooms for three nights each. Almost 900.00 We tried to explain that the rooms were paid for. They then said that they could not refund the money. My wife had to get on the phone with the credit card company to straighten this out.
To make a long story short Robert had to drive 20 minutes from his home to make sure we got the rooms in person. Of course the rooms still were not ready. We finally got rooms on the 2nd floor at 6:00pm. Nice.
THe Manager Ms Lee got involved early on in this debacle, but really didn't do anything to help our plight. Not impressive in the least. She is however really good at answering these posts when the hotel has a meltdown. Read below.
The next day we left two wakeup calls standing at the front desk. We left a wakeup call for our room and our parents room. They got theirs. We did not get ours. Now we have already been late for the rehearsal, now we'll be running a little behind for the actual wedding. My wife who spends some time on her hair in the morning was not happy.
When we got back later that day and went to the second floor, there was laundry piles all over the hallway. This is at 6:30pm. lol Place looked like a dump. We get to our room and the trash cans were emptied and we had new towels.... BUT NO KLEENEX one of my pet peeves and the bed had not been made, my wife straightened it a little and that's how we found it. The flloor had not been vacuumed. BUT they took the tip I left. LOL WOW
Now the next day I go down to breakfast and there is no fruit or oatmeal. I do the oatmeal every time I stay at one of the Hampton's....I wait and watch t.v. in the adjacent room.....I go to the front desk after about 15 minutes and mention it to the guy. He gets up and goes into the breakfast room. Several minutes later he stops by and says there is fruit out now. I go over get fruit and go to the oatmeal bowl. NO OATMEAL REALLY? I can laugh not at the incompetence.....so I go back to the front desk and I say "so on the Oatmeal front?" Oh, yes he says, pressing his hands together. He's a new guy, very nice, he looks like he wants to jump out of a window. "She doesn't know how to make oatmeal he says." So NO OATMEAL! lol I'm dying as I write this. Hilarious. I wanted to ask the guy if I could step in back and make a pot of oatmeal, but I had to let the poor guy off the hook. Christina you are not NOT doing your job. Maybe you should try used car sales? I recommended to this nice young man that he should get a job at a hotel with a real manager, before he learns a lot of bad habits.
Before he learns to make excuses instead of supplying his guest with what they would like to have, with what they are paying for. The very next day I came down and there were no coffee cups, the gal behind the counter went and got some.
Also the elevator carpet is ugly and dirty.....change it.....it will take twenty minutes at most.
Now on the way out, my wife went to complain to the manager, I use the term loosely, about our stay. She was offered one complimentary night for our room. Nice, that's their guarantee. However we would have loved to pay the entire bill and had our room ready when we arrived and our room made up in a timely fashion and completely and our wakeup call and some oatmeal etc......Since we left, I am on the road 240 days a year all around the world, we have taken a second look at LaQuinta who we left to go to Hampton. We are the one's who asked he brother to put us at the Hampton by the way. Robert has another larger wedding party planned for October, a pig roast, losts more people will be coming. But not staying at the Hampton. LaQuinta by the way has really stepped up the last few years and are doing a nice job. We just stayed at one that was European Style and very nice. It looks like from the reviews that maybe sometimes they get the rooms cleaned and guests in them. And make their stay pleasant. Unfortunately, not us.

Room Tip: stay at a different hotel is my tip to choose a good room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

It is always very disheartening when efforts to ensure a nice stay, especially when it is for multiple nights, are not successful and wish to extend my apologies for this. It is unfortunate that multiple details were involved along with misunderstandings from beginning to end. I am sorry that it was not an enjoyable stay, therefore the 100% Hampton guarantee was extended to you to compensate in some small way. Thank you for your comments and observations and do hope that you will give us another opportunity to be your hotel of choice. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Loveland

Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed 5 nights at the Hampton Inn for business. Check-in was fast and easy as the hotel was prepaid by my company. My room was 102... first floor, next to the stair well. If noise bothers you, I would request a different room as you can hear people walking up/down the stair quite often. Other than that, the room was clean and had all the amenities I needed. The bed was very soft with lots of pillows. There is a flat screen TV with some channels actually in HD.
There is a morning breakfast included which had a good variety included some hot items. There is plenty of seating in the lobby to eat breakfast.
The hotel is centrally located to the freeway and many dining and shopping options. There is an outlet mall directly behind the hotel, but it was quite deserted when I went. There is an indoor pool and jacuzzi that was clean and nice for relaxing. There was also a fitness center, but I did not use it.
One strange thing was the timing of the housekeeping. They didn't come by my room until after 5pm every day. Since I was returning from work and wanted to relax, most times I just asked for fresh towels and toiletries and didn't have them come in. Overall, I'd say this is appropriate for someone traveling for business or a budget minded traveler.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

It is always enjoyable to hear from our guests to let us know how their stay was, especially when we truly do strive to make it a "home away from home". It is nice that the accommodations were comfortable and the surroundings were enjoyed during your time in Loveland. We truly would wish to apologize for the lateness of refreshing your room and we thank you for your continued patience with a temporary staff shortage which was resolved but did create some frustration on our part internally and I thank you for your kindness and patience. We look forward to having you stay with us again sometime in the future. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed August 16, 2012

The staff was excellent, remembering my name, greeting me as i passed. The complimentary breakfast was well staffed and stocked. The beds were so comfortable, they must have been new. The Inn has a large indoor pool and jacuzzi, and a well-stocked shoppe for late night snacks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

We thank you for letting us know how your stay was and truly "home away from home" does describe what we strive to achieve with each and every one of our guests on a daily basis. We truly are blessed to have an opportunity to share in a small way a part of our guest's daily lives and are happy that we provide a comfortable atmosphere just like home!!! Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Chris and her staff made our six night stay in Loveland very very nice. We felt like we were family. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The restaurant suggestions were good. The Bent Fork was very good. P.F. Changs was good. The shopping area accross the freeway had a lot of upscale shops, including a Dick's Sporting Goods. The breakfast at the hotel was quite good.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review of your stay with us and it truly does reflect kindly on my wonderful staff and their efforts that they put forward each and every day for the guest. We are fortunate to be located in a wonderful area where the local restaurants, each and every one of them, are excellent and provided a nice variety for you, especially over six days. We are very appreciative of the time taken to comment on your stay with Hampton Inn Loveland and look forward to seeing you again possibly in a future visit to Loveland. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were a bit concerned about noise when we arrived at the Hampton since the parking lot was packed full. Check-in was great and the room was perfect. I liked the tile in the entry area. We all had a good night's rest and the hotel was quiet. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are thankful that your evening with Hampton Inn Loveland was an excellent experience and we are very appreciative of the time you have taken to let us know how your stay was. It is always accepted with gratitude and gratefulness from each of the staff members and we look forward to seeing you again sometime in future visits to the Loveland area. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Father in hospital in Greeley and all motels were booked solid,so we went west 11 miles to Hampton Inn of Loveland and it was a great decision. The room was very nice and very clean, excellent WIFI access and the particular bed we had was one of the most comnfortable king beds I have ever slept in. We needed rest when we arrived and we were able to get a wondrful night of sleep. Close to shopping, restaurants and anything else you want. My only complaint was $2.50 for a 18 oz bottle of coke at front desk. I will be back!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

I am very grateful that Hampton Inn Loveland was able to provide a place to enjoy a peaceful night of sleep on one of the greatest beds in the world (Of course, I may be a bit prejudiced in this respect...they are the best though!!!) and also being able to take some time and enjoy one of our area restaurants and surroundings. It is truly when we take advantage of these opportunities that we can enjoy these brief moments amongst our daily hectic pace. Again, thank you and it is through kind and gracious comments such as yours that gives my staff a morale boost in extending gracious hospitality each and every day. Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Breakfast was very good. Check in & out without a problem. The hotel & rooms were perfectly clean. Worth the money. The location is quiet & easy to find. WiFi speed was very good. The personnel was very helpful & friendly. Beds are very comfortable and the bathroom was excellent. The chair on the desk was very comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor and had a very quiet room. You can sleep with the window open and the air...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
hamloveland, General Manager at Hampton Inn Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We truly do thank you for your gracious review of your stay with us at Hampton Inn Loveland. It is always gratifying to receive kudos from our guests and to hear that we have provided a comfortable setting for them. It truly is the continued efforts of my staff each and every day that does make the difference and we do wish to express our thanks to you from the bottom of our hearts :-) Sincerely, Christina Lee, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Loveland - Hotel, Spa and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Loveland Johnstown
La Quinta Inn & Suites Loveland
Quality Inn & Suites Loveland
Fairfield Inn & Suites Loveland Fort Collins

Been to Hampton Inn Loveland? Share your experiences!