“Food good; not what I ordered”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Osaka Hibachi Japanese Steakhouse
Ranked #141 of 245 Restaurants in Loveland
Berthoud, Colorado
“Food good; not what I ordered”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This was our first visit; we went for dinner. Staff were very friendly, however service wasn't very organized. Had to request ice for Thai coffee three times. Ice should come with the coffee. I was really in the mood for teriyaki so I ordered the teriyaki steak, medium-rare. While the chef prepared the food in front of us, the only teriyaki was a quick spritz of sauce he squirted on the steak just prior to plating it. He did the same with all items on the grill, including the vegetables. While the steak was grilled as requested and good quality, there was absolutely no teriyaki flavor. I saw the steak prior to grilling, and it was obviously fresh meat--i.e. had not spent time in any sort of marinade, which is the most common way to impart teriyaki flavor. I suppose there may be a method to make it teriyaki right on the hibachi griddle, but that didn't happen. Quite disappointing since I was truly in the mood for teriyaki:(

• Visited July 2014