“Consistently Excellent”

Add it.
Heartland Cafe
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 12, 2012

My daughter and I have been having breakfast at the Heartland Cafe every Saturday morning for the past year. This place is a gem. The waitresses are always friendly and cheerful. The service is prompt and efficient and the breakfast food is always great - plus you can't beat the price.

Reviewed October 23, 2011

We have eaten at this establishment on a regular basis for several years, and used to enjoy our experience a great deal. I don't know what has happened over the last six months, but the service has declined considerably. The last few times we have eaten at Heartland Cafe, we have waited for over 45 minutes for our food, with no explanation or apologies from our waitperson. In my experience, this is an unacceptable wait time for any restaurant meal, but certainly for breakfast. We ate there today, and things have gone from bad to worse. Today, we received our food an hour and fifteen minutes after our arrival, but when I requested a discount to encourage us to return, I received a level of abuse I have never experienced in my life. Our waitress was actually very nice about it, but two other waitresses came over and verbally attacked me: one even told me to leave and never come back. I was polite and respectful at all times, and never did anything to invite such behavior (not that any customer should ever be treated this way, but I recognize that sometimes customers can be rude and it's hard to maintain self-control). So, the bottom line here is that if you are willing to endure a long wait for your food and won't ever offer any feedback, then Heartland Cafe is the place for you. If you want good, fast service, then go someplace else.

1  Thank liv2trvl28
Reviewed February 22, 2011

My Fiance and I had breakfast there. We were served promptly by a friendly waitress. We both ordered Eggs Benedict. My Fiance hadn't had them before (he should get out more!!) and thought they were just delicious. I've had them on a lot of occasions in Australia and they were very good. Why do Americans have to serve potatoes with everything...the hash browns were not needed.
We will be visiting this cafe again.

Reviewed January 18, 2011

We waited 15 mins. to get a staff person to acknowledge us, and they did this only by putting coffee mugs on our table. It took another 15 minutes to get coffee - the greeter passed by our table 5 times refilling coffee mugs and never filled ours. Once we saw a waitress, I had to again ask for coffee, and told her we were ready to order. She took our order, left, returned 5 mins. later with the coffee. After being in the restaurant 1 hr., the waitress finally returned and told us the computer had lost our order, what did we want again. We asked her if she was serious, and her reply was "it's only breakfast, it's not life threatening or anything." We left and will never return. There was no apology, nothing. Just rudeness. Horrible place.

Reviewed September 16, 2009

The heartland cafe may not be the prettiest of restaurants but it is crazy affordable amazing food its a family run christian cafe the people are wonderful. We go to the heartland cafe whenever we can!!!