“Consistently Great Food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Berthoud
“Consistently Great Food”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

One of the things we like the most about the Black Steer is that they allow us to share a meal without fussing at us or charging us extra. As Seniors, we can't always eat a full portion of most meals and appreciate being able to share. We always share the Filet Mignon with baked potato. It comes with salad, but we get an extra salad so we have more than enough.

Another plus: The Black Steer is one of the few restaurants in Loveland that still allows reservations. We take advantage of this quite often.

The atmosphere is quiet and pleasant.....just right for conversation.

All in all, you can't beat this place for a great dining experience.

• Visited March 2013

Ulverston, England, United Kingdom
“nice food and friendly staff”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

had a decent steak here while in town on business and staff were great....nice quiet little place with relaxed atmoshphere

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Chris C
Loveland, Colorado, United States
“Place is slipping”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

At one time this was Loveland's finest joint. They recently changed the menu and the prices went up and the choices went down. Still a great place to take friends and family but no longer Loveland's best choice. The pepper steak is a must if you go and are looking for a steak. Peanut butter pie can't be beat. Prices are a little steep for Loveland.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Been searching...finally found!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had heard about this place, and was hoping for something off the beaten path of big corporate chains-- found it! This place it what it says it is...a steak house. I enjoyed the western artwork immensely, fitting for a steakhouse in Colorado. When we arrived it was a little hectic with alot of large parties, but we waited only a few minutes in the lounge before getting seated. Our server was very friendly and helpful about the menu. Loved the calamari appetizer. I had the pepper steak and was thrilled with my perfect medium and the flavor. All our guests ordered different things and everyone, including the vegetarian who ordered the black-bean burger, only had good things to say. But I have to add, the lobster tails are humongous. I am not a fan of lobster, but what a sight. And the person eating it was in heaven. And her husband loved his New York. Unfortunately, no room for dessert. Pleasantly surprised by great tasting Kona coffee. So happy to find this place and will definitely stop in everytime in town!

Loveland, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“$45 Nightmare”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This used to be one of our favorite places to eat in Loveland, especially for special occasions. We will NEVER go back. Service was slow at first, but forgivable. Blue cheese dressing tasted like mayo with blue cheese chunks. My steak came out smelling and tasting rancid (calling the health dept tomorrow), then our waitress asked why I thought that (hello? it was rotten) and made excuses that it must be my "taste buds". My husband also tried it before we sent it back. She was extremely rude and did not apologize, but offered to get me another steak. I got a replacement (in a box, because my appetite was gone). We asked another waiter if we could speak to a manager and he kind of chuckled and said that our server WAS the manager. WHAT? She came back and was even more rude and unapologetic explaining that she HAD fixed the situation. When we got our check she had charged us FULL PRICE for our meal. I have worked in restaurants for 10 years and am a business owner and was appalled at this experience. As much as I loved this place in the past, we will never go back

1 Thank Stacy K