“Perfect Valentine's Dinner Experience”
Review of Inglenook - CLOSED

Inglenook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sixth Street
Description: The Inglenook Restaurant is-as the name implies-cozy, warm, and comfortable. The Inglenook greets customers with an ambiance of warm colors, a distinctive art collection and soft soothing jazz music that sets the tone for a very enjoyable and relaxed dining experience. The Inglenook Restaurant is somewhat unobtrusive for first time visitors. It is located at 530 North Cleveland Ave. in downtown Loveland Co. at the corner of 6th and Cleveland Ave. There is plenty of parking on both sides of the street and parking lot behind the restaurant. Whatever the occasion- special or not- the Inglenook is definitely a dining choice to be added to anyone's list, and once visited, will remain a top choice for many years to come.
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My boyfriend and I made reservations here for our Valentine's Day dinner. We were seated right away, unfortunately at a table that was closest to the entrance to the restaurant (probably my fault, though, because I waited to make the reservation until 3 days beforehand). The restaurant was almost full but very quiet and the music was nice. My boyfriend loved the rack of elk and I loved my lobster ravioli. Bread pudding for dessert was also delicious. Our waitress was very good and not intrusive or pushy despite us taking up a table for 2 1/2 hours. No complaints at all!

Reviewed October 4, 2010

After reading some of the poor reviews, I felt compelled to share another viewpoint. The Englenook is a quiet little restaurant in downtown Loveland which offers an intimate dining setting. In addition to their standard menu, they have begun to offer weekly features which create additional variety and entice diners to come try what is new . My personal favorite is the Seafood Newburg which is a delightful combination of flavors in a creamy newburg sauce. They are also offering incentives to come in for a visit , such as a bottle of wine with dinner- watch your mail for these dining incentives. Each time I have dined at the Englenook the service has been great and the presentation of the meal has been wonderful.

1  Thank ChrisLoveland
Reviewed September 28, 2010

We were in the area and heard there might be an exceptional restaurant in the Loveland area. After looking around in the downtown we saw Inglenook. We checked out the menu, were intrigued and thought we'd give it a try. What a delight! It's small, charming, quiet, and with nice art on the walls. Service was wonderful, maybe a little young and not seasoned. The menu is modest but a with good selections of items, and some very interesting offerings. The food was great, not over seasoned, delicious flavors, well presented. I really enjoyed the evening. We live 75 miles away but will be back and recommend it as one of the best place we have eaten in the area.

1  Thank gatherexp
Reviewed August 20, 2009

My husband and I were looking forward to a superior dining experience. We had read favorable reviews and had perused the Inglenook's website which promises a fine dining experience. We felt confident they would deliver so we arranged for child care and made a reservation. We ordered the smoked salmon pate, it was slightly salty but not bad. We payed the extra $3 to upgrade our salads to a Caesar, which was simply lettuce and croutons in a weak vinaigrette dressing. My husband ordered the seafood newburg which lacked luster. I ordered beef tenderloin, medium well, with a blue cheese crust. The blue cheese was excellent but after two or three bites I noticed the steak was raw in the center. When the the server came by the second time (the first time I had only taken a bite or two) I showed her my steak and she offered to put it back on the grill. We had a limited amount of time and my husband had almost finished his meal so I told her we needed to get going. She suggested I take the steak home and microwave it, explaining that when you heat meat in the microwave it cooks more. I understand that meat cooks more in the microwave but I also understand that it gets tough and rubbery in the process. I told her I did not feel comfortable paying $30 for a steak I would have to take home and microwave and suggested they charge me half price and I would not take the steak home. She explained she was not authorized to do that but said she would show the owner who would probably agree. She came back with the steak in a box and told me he agreed to half price and I could take the steak home if I wanted. I wasn't particularly interested in taking the steak home so asked my husband if he would eat it if I took it home. He declined so I left it on the table.

I spent $15 on a steak I took three bites of. It wasn't the fine dining experience we were hoping for but like everything, you live and learn. I do think given the chance, this restaurant will get better with time.

Reviewed February 14, 2009

If we could add zero stars, we would. Honestly, there's probably a reason why there haven't been any reviews in over a year. Either that, or the establishments' employees wrote the previous reviews. In summary, we made a reservation for Valentines Day weekend. I wanted to surprise my wife with an elegant dinner before presenting a nice gift. First impression when we walked in: nice ambience, soft music, courteous greeter. We were seated in a private corner. So far, so good. We ordered the encrusted artichoke hearts. Seemed like a fine choice. NOT! They were breaded, greasy blobs. Tasteless. And then we noticed, the music stopped. Seriously, and none of the staff even noticed. Once our waitress finally got around to our table again, my salad was served. It was chilled and crisp. Nice dressing. We held out some hope for our entrees. My wife ordered the Pecan-encrusted Salmon and I chose the Seafood Newburg. What we both agreed on positively was that the side of asparagus was perfectly steamed and just the way we liked it. Unfortunately, as we shared our dishes with one another, we also agreed that the our entrees tasted the same! There was absolutely no flavor. The salmon tasted as if it had been soaked in milk. Bland is an understatement. And how does a chef succeed at removing any semblance of taste from a combination of lobster, crab, shrimp, and scallops! Pathetic. We were livid. Especially when we received the bill. This had to be the worst dinner we have ever shared together. I will never recommend this restaurant and we will never return. We would have been better off going elsewhere. I did give my wife her gift, which she appreciated. I still felt bad about the dinner. She made me feel better by telling me it was the thought that counts and that I had no control over our dining experience. She is my wife after all. Inglenook, this message is for you: What is done is done. You should be ashamed for portraying yourself as a fine dining establishment. You are ripping people off. You have a fancy website and interesting menu, but you are unable to deliver. We would really appreciate a refund but since that's not going to happen, we ask that a legitimate local restaurant reviewer stop by unannounced to this place and validate the truth of what we are saying. This experience could have ruined our romantic Valentines day. Thanks for nothing.

2  Thank lbrty72