“Great food and great service.”

Door 222 Food & Drink
Ranked #4 of 240 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Next Door Food & Drink (Now Door 222) is open daily at 11:30am, offering our full menu of small plate tapas, entrees, pizzas, signature cocktails and sangrias, and wines from 40+ vintners - with 50 selections under $30 a bottle! Located in the Rialto Theater Center at 222 E. 4Th Street in downtown Loveland, we set out to create a place where our friends and neighbors can enjoy tapas the way the Spanish do - with a glass of wine in a relaxed atmosphere. Executive Chef Matt Smith
Fort Collins CO
“Great food and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We had a great lunch. Yummy burger, great sandwiches. The colored potatos rock! The salad was good too and they had glutten free buns that were soft and tasty.

Colorado
“quinoa mushroom burger is a keeper”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm usually a regular burger guy. The menu had the option of a quinoa mushroom patty instead and it did not look like a grudging acknowledgement to placate vegetarians so I gave it a try. I'd highly recommend it.

Maybe a picky point, but the sturdy napkins were a nice touch. They weren't flimsy paper or the standard linen you'll find in many restaurants.

The service was a bit iffy. We got some coffee, the waitress checked to see if wanted cream and sugar, and brought it over when we said yes. After unwrapping our silverware from the napkin, there was no spoon to be found to stir the coffee. There was also no waitress to be found to ask for a spoon so I used my fork. The place was definitely not slammed busy.

• Visited November 2012
Colorado
“Good but smelly first impression”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Ok I don't know how else to say this but when you first walk into this restaurant you smell mold. Or cleaning stuff or mildew. I could not understand this as I had heard many good things about this new eatery in Loveland - all good - but what is that smell?!? My friend and I think it is the old wine barrels used as light fixtures that give off that bad smell. Anyways - we got used to it...but it does leave you with a feeling of "yuck".

Our food was very good, she had the small spinach salad that was good and the aztec chicken tortilla soup that was perfect! Of our appetizer trio, 2 were super, the third one...not sure what it was, but there was ample nita crisps (love those) and the olive tapa was a great beginning. Just wish the appetizer came out sooner - not at the same time as our meal. My Quoina and Mushroom burger was delicious! Nice and tasty and the gluten free bun was perfect. The different types of potatoes as a side were very colorful and lightly salted - nice.

All around we enjoyed our meal! Best coffee too - from Elevation in Denver? - nice!

I would totally give them a second try....hoping that odd smell is gone....but I think it must be there all the time and they are used to it..... (bummer).

This restaurant is in a brand new building (the old shoe store was knocked down to make way for this new place) so we can't blame the building.

Again, the menu has many amazing items, the beef bolognese for dinner sounded like it would be a great meal...many exciting items you don't normally find in Loveland - great selection. I would totally give them a try! Service was very attentive.

• Visited November 2012
NextDoorLoveland, Owner at Door 222 Food & Drink, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thanks so much for the feedback! We did have an issue with an odor coming from the vacant space above us. We felt the same - how can new construction smell musty? Through the vents apparently. So problem solved! Please come and see us again.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Excellent small plates”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place is great. A step up for northern Colorado. Service was excellent. The duck confit taquitos were incredible. Decor is stellar. Don't pass this up.

Visited October 2012
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unbeatable dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

You can't find anything better than this. The menu is thoughtfully planned out and is divine. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is amazing.