“was stuck waiting to deliver an RV for two days”

Budget Host Exit 254 Inn
Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed June 30, 2014

we had to wait two days to deliver an RV and we stay in our one ton pickup after sitting in my pickup with my small dog in 90 degree temperatures I had decided to get a room yes it is an older motel and every old motel has issues but it had and a/c a comfortable bed a great place for my dog to get out and walk around and a good hot and cold shower and the lady at the front desk was really nice

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank kpeevy
There are newer reviews for Budget Host Exit 254 Inn

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My company had reserved a room at this "Inn" for one week. When I pulled into the parking lot, I nearly turned around and drove straight back home. The sign says "Weekly Rates" and there is a square on the sign that appears to blank out other words which I suspect say "Hourly Rates".

Since I had read other negative reviews on Trip Advisor, I came prepared with my own sleeping bag. fortunately, the bed wasn't quite that bad and the bedding and towels were relatively clean. The room consisted of cinderblock walls, a rear window with a view of a trailer park and carpet straight out of the 1950s. On the bright side, there was a small fridge and microwave that were actually clean. The window a/c unit pumped out cool but nicotine scented air. The noise from the freeway was a constant companion. Amazingly, the Wi-Fi was actually pretty good. There are plenty of restaurants and shops about 2 miles north at Centerra.

The pool was opened but didn't appear very inviting. There was a barbecue grill out in the lawn area. Expect a working class atmosphere. I would say this place is barely a step above staying at the homeless shelter. There is a massage parlor in or behind the hotel that attracts an interesting crowd.

Final point; Even though my company paid for this accommodation, I still felt I paid too much. It was $390 for 10 days. So, I guess I shouldn't have expected too much. Still, it was not a very good introduction to Colorado...

Room Tip: There are no good rooms here.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank JayDay2001
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We checked in late, about 11:00 pm, regardless we should have ran out of the place. It reminded me of what a "rent by an hour room" would be like, if you get my drift. We pulled blankets out of the car and covered the bed to sleep on top of their bedding. We left our shoes on because the carpet was black with dirt/grease. One light was out, asked for a replacement, was told we were not going to get one. We left the lights on, cause they say cock roaches come out in the dark. Did not sit on the toilet for fear of whatever we may catch. Cigarette burn marks were all over the dressers.

In the morning I just had to say something to the Asian. I told him "the room was not fit for a dog." He started yelling at me, I thought he was going to explode. As I turned around to get the hell out of there, he yelled [--] you. We high tailed it out of there. I would have rather stayed at Bates Motel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Toni H
Reviewed May 30, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
4  Thank Don W
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We made a reservation on line for this hotel because it was close to the interstate. When we arrived we went to our room and looked at each other and said no way would we stay there. It smelled of mildew and looked sleazy. We were shown another room and it was the same. We asked for a credit to our credit card and the clerk said he would call the owner, he called but he would not let us speak with him our selves. He said the owner would have to check to see if he would credit our card. I took photos of the exterior of the buildings, the roof that had a large area of shingles that looked like they will blow off soon, and the swimming pool area. All in very bad disrepair. We left and drove north and stayed in a Super 8 in Cheyenne, WY. Much nicer and very clean. And no smell. We will protest this bill with our credit card company and also report this to the Loveland, CO Chamber of Commerce. Don't Stay here unless as a last resort and you don't want to sleep in your car.

Room Tip: Go view the room you are to stay in before you sign any billing.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank LoretoFan
Reviewed May 6, 2013

The place is really a dump, the bed was hard as a rock and older than dirt! We are long haul truckers and wanted to stay the weekend close to the truck stop. The power went out for a few hours, then when it did come back on we had no hot water! The owner went to church and didnt return until 3:00 in the afternoon to finally reset the hot water heater. They would only offer one cup of coffee per day. Go figure! $60.00 per night for a filthy, horrible room, I would have rather stayed in the truck with a decent bed and use truck stop showers than that place. It is a dive!

Room Tip: Bypass this place! Anywhere is better than that dump!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dana M
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ended up here ONLY because it was the only property we could find within 20 miles that would accept BOTH smokers AND a small dog...the room was clean, but:
Bathroom tiles were 1950s pink and gray, fixtures rusted, no hot water at sink, no hot water regulation at shower (Sudden scalding temperature); no coffeemaker; not even an alarm clock; old, sticky metal keys and flimsy aluminum storm doors; very poor TV reception; Heater that was either Chilly or HOT! ; clumsy parking lot for in/out; no coffee available at office until after 7am; no newspaper machines, ice machine out of order; payphone out of order; no hangers in "Closet" ; toilet flush handle jams;
Well, we were dry and warm, so I guess we shouldn't complain TOO much...

Room Tip: I'm not sure there IS a 'good room'...BIG truckstop about 1.5 blocks away for food-n-stu...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank BobCasperWyoming
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
My Place Hotel - Loveland, CO
WoodSpring Suites Loveland
WoodSpring Suites Loveland
#11 of 14 in Loveland
Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Loveland
Travelodge Loveland/Fort Collins Area
Wingate by Wyndham Loveland Johnstown

Been to Budget Host Exit 254 Inn? Share your experiences!