“Well, it's not the WORST place we've ever stayed...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Budget Host Exit 254 Inn

Budget Host Exit 254 Inn
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Loveland
Casper Wyoming
“Well, it's not the WORST place we've ever stayed...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

We ended up here ONLY because it was the only property we could find within 20 miles that would accept BOTH smokers AND a small dog...the room was clean, but:
Bathroom tiles were 1950s pink and gray, fixtures rusted, no hot water at sink, no hot water regulation at shower (Sudden scalding temperature); no coffeemaker; not even an alarm clock; old, sticky metal keys and flimsy aluminum storm doors; very poor TV reception; Heater that was either Chilly or HOT! ; clumsy parking lot for in/out; no coffee available at office until after 7am; no newspaper machines, ice machine out of order; payphone out of order; no hangers in "Closet" ; toilet flush handle jams;
Well, we were dry and warm, so I guess we shouldn't complain TOO much...

Room Tip: I'm not sure there IS a 'good room'...BIG truckstop about 1.5 blocks away for food-n-stu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank BobCasperWyoming

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2007

Room was very nice and clean and there was friendly staff. I lost my pulse, but they found and kept in safe with honesty. Highly recommend lodging facility.

• Liked — Clean Room
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2006

The price of this place is one of the lowest in Loveland. There is a reason for that.
This motel appears to be from around the 50's, and is located just off of I-25 southeast of Loveland. It's a dump.
When we arrived to check in, we caught the tail end of a conversation between the clerk and a customer, with the clerk explaining that the exterminator will be there the next day. When we asked if they were having a bug problem, he muttered some excuse about routine pest control.
When we registered and were assigned our room, the clerk pulled our key off of a board with hooks that hung on the wall directly behind the counter. There was a decorative cloth cleverly draped over the board that hid most of the keys from view, but this key storage system didn’t look very secure to me. At least I know that if I needed to get into my brother's room while the staff was away from the desk, I could reach across the counter and help myself to the key.
When we got to the room, there was a sticker on the door that said "no bare feet". I'm not sure if that was because of the grime on the carpet that left what may be a permanent stain on my nephew's toes, or because of the bugs that we later discovered we were sharing the room with.
My room was partially paneled and had one painted cinderblock wall. It was outdated, which doesn’t bother me as long as a room is clean and maintained. It appeared clean, but when I opened the curtain I discovered where all of the tiny bugs in the bathroom apparently go to die. There was a fridge in the room that seemed clean and stayed cold, and a microwave that I did not use.
The bathroom was outdated, which I can typically live with as long as it is clean and functional. The biggest problem with this bathroom was that it was home to a colony of tiny bugs that looked like fleas, except they crawled and did not jump like fleas. This was not a "we left a window open and a couple of bugs got in" problem, this was a thriving community of bugs that was apparently enjoying the amenities that this place offered. I would have counted them, but I didn’t want to get that close, and the owners had wisely chosen a granite-patterned flooring that allowed the bugs to blend into the floor. We did some harm to their population when my wife first turned on the shower and sent the dozen or two who were camped in the tub down the drain, God rest their little bug souls. I'd guess that there were a few hundred of these bugs in the bathroom, based on the twenty or so who would make their way onto the white bath mat while I was in the shower.
The shower was also a problem. The shower head was way too low, and I could not get the water to stay at a constant temperature. There was a hole in the ceiling above the shower head that had been "patched" with what looked like toothpicks and light orange cake frosting. I'm guessing that the drain in the tub upstairs either leaked or at one time needed to be accessed from below. There was a bonus thumbprint sized blood stain on the shower curtain. I did not have time to contact CSI: Loveland.
There was a pool in the parking lot, but I didn't go near it because I was afraid that it did not have proper chlorine levels. The pool did seem to be a happening area at around 11PM, even though it is supposed to close at 10.
It was a pretty rowdy motel. At one point in the evening, I'm 90% sure I saw a [------] into a room with one of the truck drivers that was staying there.
This wasn't the very worst place I've ever stayed, but I would never consider it again. The only positive thing I can think of to add is that at no point did I wake up to snakes slithering around my feet.
If I'm in Loveland again and this is the only place in town with vacancies, I'll probably just look for a large cardboard box to sleep in.

• Liked — It was next to the interstate so I could quickly speed away from the bugs
  • Disliked — The bug infestation and management's lack of service
  • Tips/Secrets — Do not stay here
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
      Check in / front desk
18 Thank HikeLover
hanssangh, owner at Budget Host Exit 254 Inn, responded to this review, January 12, 2009
I took over the Budget Host Exit 254 Inn since May 2007. We were trying hard to renovate the property. We have not had any bugs problem after we took over and use pest control company called " EnviroPest". The review was on 2006 and it changed since owenership changed.