All reviews horseback riding trap shooting bass fishing square dancing the big thompson river the main lodge evening activities memorable vacation camp fire cozy cabin cattle drive girls week cowboy breakfast love horses riding ability story telling team building
Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

We went there during the Native American week and we did not regret it one second.
Coming from the Netherland it was a long road, Hoping that we made the good choice.
Our kids since we return are talking about this ranch every day. They are missing the horses, the activities and the people.
I would recommend this place for everyone, even with young kids (4 and 7 for us).
We already pre-book for next year :)

Trip type: Traveled with family
Karen B, Guest Relations Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Gosh, thank you so much for the review! We were so excited for your visit last summer and are equally excited to see you again in 2017!

Reviewed August 27, 2016

I was here for five days and did not want to leave, it was truly one of the best weeks of my life. I have been fortunate enough to be able to travel a lot and found this Dude Ranch vacation on the top of my favorite vacations. The owners and the ENTIRE staff treated me like family the moment I arrived and their genuine care and concern for all their guests was something I have not experienced, superb customer service. The horses are all raised with love on their ranch so the quality is top notch horses you enjoy riding. Activities each day were well planned and executed. Cabins are clean and spacious with soothing noise from the river next door. The most delicious home cooked meals. Special thanks to Jodi who helped us at breakfast and lunch, her beautiful smile and positive attitude started my day just right, I will miss those smiles. A truly top notch Ranch and BandB....

Room tip: All cabins are sure to please...
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We truly enjoyed having you just as much as you enjoyed being with us. :) Thank you for the review! We hope to see you again soon, and Jodi will be here to serve you with a smile. :)

Reviewed August 25, 2016

We were so pleased with our first visit to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in July 2015, that we returned this year, again during Native American week. Our fears of redundancy were unfounded and the second experience reinforced our initial impressions. This place has something for everyone and everyone has a place at the ranch. The surroundings, the people, the horses, the food, the activities all combine for a truly memorable experience. The history and culture shared with Gray Wolf created bonds we won't soon forget. We reunited with friends we met at the ranch in 2015, met new friends from around the world, and we now have friends on three continents and in six states thanks to Sylvan Dale! See you next year!

Room tip: Lots of choices! We love the cottages near the river that allow us to listen to the water through the open windows or from the porch.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for your fantastic review! We love having you and your family on ranch and we're so happy to have helped create life long friendships. :) See you again soon! :)

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Keep in mind - I have had horses most my life - so I'm fussy about the quality of horses I ride - - I found the string at Sylvan were above par.... The grounds were immaculate - beautiful place. But the thing I liked in particular was the food - - it was so scrumpious. The staff also is worth mentioning. Whoever did the hiring did a real good job.... they worked so well as a team. I highly recommend coming out and staying here - - so peaceful.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We're so glad our horses pleased you! Thank you for the wonderful review of Sylvan Dale! We hope to see you again in the future! :)

Reviewed August 16, 2016

From the minute I stepped on to this wonderful place I felt like I was at home. I have travelled all over the world and I must say the staff on this ranch are some of the best I've ever had the honor of knowing. I felt so warm and so welcome and they just couldn't do enough to meet my needs. My horse was named Cowboy and he was my kindred spirit. I hope to return next summer and run a week of wellness at this ranch. I'm excited about going back to my little piece of heaven. Don't make the mistake of missing out on this magical place! My time on this ranch was literally life changing.

Room tip: Any cabin you stay in will be just fine.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review! We loved meeting you and spending time with you too! Gray Wolf will return in July so we hope you can return again soon!