All reviews horseback riding trap shooting bass fishing square dancing the big thompson river the main lodge evening activities memorable vacation camp fire cozy cabin cattle drive girls week cowboy breakfast love horses riding ability story telling team building
Reviewed August 25, 2016

We were so pleased with our first visit to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in July 2015, that we returned this year, again during Native American week. Our fears of redundancy were unfounded and the second experience reinforced our initial impressions. This place has something for everyone and everyone has a place at the ranch. The surroundings, the people, the horses, the food, the activities all combine for a truly memorable experience. The history and culture shared with Gray Wolf created bonds we won't soon forget. We reunited with friends we met at the ranch in 2015, met new friends from around the world, and we now have friends on three continents and in six states thanks to Sylvan Dale! See you next year!

Room tip: Lots of choices! We love the cottages near the river that allow us to listen to the water through the open windows or from the porch.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Karen B, Guest Relations Manager at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2016

Thank you for your fantastic review! We love having you and your family on ranch and we're so happy to have helped create life long friendships. :) See you again soon! :)

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Keep in mind - I have had horses most my life - so I'm fussy about the quality of horses I ride - - I found the string at Sylvan were above par.... The grounds were immaculate - beautiful place. But the thing I liked in particular was the food - - it was so scrumpious. The staff also is worth mentioning. Whoever did the hiring did a real good job.... they worked so well as a team. I highly recommend coming out and staying here - - so peaceful.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

We're so glad our horses pleased you! Thank you for the wonderful review of Sylvan Dale! We hope to see you again in the future! :)

Reviewed August 16, 2016

From the minute I stepped on to this wonderful place I felt like I was at home. I have travelled all over the world and I must say the staff on this ranch are some of the best I've ever had the honor of knowing. I felt so warm and so welcome and they just couldn't do enough to meet my needs. My horse was named Cowboy and he was my kindred spirit. I hope to return next summer and run a week of wellness at this ranch. I'm excited about going back to my little piece of heaven. Don't make the mistake of missing out on this magical place! My time on this ranch was literally life changing.

Room tip: Any cabin you stay in will be just fine.
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review! We loved meeting you and spending time with you too! Gray Wolf will return in July so we hope you can return again soon!

Reviewed August 14, 2016

I traveled to Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch at the end of June with my in-laws, husband and three kids (17,15, 10). The first night at dinner all of the families introduced themselves and one of the guests who had gone several times described the place as "Magical". I did not truly understand what she meant at the time but it soon became very clear.

The hospitality at the ranch totally exceeded my expectations. From Susan and David to Karen, Bruce, Joe, Heather, Jake and Kira (I am not even naming everyone) we soon felt like part of the family. We are not a horse family but we soon feel in love with the whole experience. I think we did almost everything that was available and if something did not fit into our family schedule Susan made accommodations so we could fit it in. We all progressed with our riding during the week and it was very difficult to say good bye to our horses at the end of the week.

The food was very good and hearty and the deserts were some of the best. We definitely did not go hungry. Also, sitting down at night with a glass of wine, in the rockers, on the porch, was so relaxing as we reflected on our day and everything we had done.

I truly think the customer service and genuine hospitality at Sylvan Dale can give Disney and the Four Seasons a run for their money. I am hoping my family will be able to return again in the very near future.

Thank you Sylvan Dale for creating great family memories!! Your ranch truly is magical!

Room tip: Mama J's cabin was secluded and a very good size for a family. We had 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms.
Date of stay: June 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Wow! What a wonderful testimonial of the "magic" that happens here at Sylvan Dale! We thoroughly enjoyed your family and do hope to see you again in the future. :)

Reviewed August 10, 2016

I had the pleasure of riding at Sylvan Dale Ranch with 5 of my girlfriends during a recent trip to CO. We are all experienced equestrians and had a wonderful ride through the rocky mountains on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. Our guide was Lonnie and he was extremely knowledgeable about the area and the ranch. He had plenty of stories to tell us, as we rode for 2 hours. The horses were extremely sure footed and they amazed me as we wound our way through the trials. We got to do some trot/canter work through the meadows. The price was very reasonable and we had a wonderful time. We even got to help jingle the horses to turnout at the end of our ride and Lonnie was very thankful. I would highly recommend this ranch to anyone experienced or not in horsemanship. They tailor their rides to your experience level. I got to check off an item on my bucket list and will definitely be back.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

We're so glad you had the chance to both experience Sylvan Dale and also take a ride out with Lonnie! It was a pleasure to host you experienced horsewomen this summer! We look forward to your return. :)