“Will nickel and dime you to death...”

WoodSpring Suites Loveland
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Loveland
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The men at the front desk are only friendly when you are checking in. Very rude and unprofessional otherwise. Why aren't any women hired for the desk? In 2 weeks, I have met 4 different desk personnel. I called a good many motel/hotels for pricing. I specifically said I needed a room for the month (31 days) because my apartment would not be ready until the 1st of the following month. I explained I am comparing prices, so I need an exact amount. I was quoted $799.00, plus an add'l $100.00 deposit which would be returned at checkout, if there are no damages to the room. I asked about taxes, and he said $37 or $38 at the most. I drove all the way from the east coast to the west coast, just myself and my young child. We were tired, it was late, and I signed the papers without reading, which I never do. When I got to my room, I saw that I was charged add'l amounts of: $78.21 for city taxes , and $30 for the washing of the linens, total bill-$1007.21... I complained of the bait and switch tactics, and when I said I will wash my own linens(e.g. towels & sheets) in their laundry room at $2.00 a load, they refunded the $30, but not until the manager snidely stated: you should have been charged $4o for that, since you are staying for a month.
When I arrived, it appeared that either I had been given 1/2 a roll of toilet paper or a dollar store flimsy roll. After the 4th day, we ran out, so I went to the front desk to request more, and he said: Already?!! you are kidding me, and finally handed me a roll. After that, i buy my own! To top it off, they charge an outrageous $10 a week for internet in your room.
Also, I walked out to my car one day and realized my key card was in the room. When I explained this to the desk mngr, I asked for my 2nd keycard I was offered at the time of check in and only took one. He snottily replied: Next time you do that,(meaning get locked out) it will be $10.00! (Mind you, I am 55 yrs old, and not accustomed to being talked down to)
Since they are so incompetent, yesterday i went to the desk to make sure they have me down for 31 days instead of 30 (31 days in this mo) the front desk person tells me; oh,no, you are down for 28 days, that is considered a month.
no curtains!! only small slatted white mini blinds which not only let in tons of light at 5:30 am. There are numerous tack holes in the walls on either sides of the windows where apparently guests are tacking up their sheets for privacy and sleep. The bed is like sleeping on a brick. The bed underneath the mattress is like a cheap plywood or pressed wood which has a platform which goes straight down the middle, then crosses in the middle.You can feel the cross piece in your back, while lying down. The pillows are hard as well. It is a crap shoot every evening starting at 5:30, because guests can be different every night, or week. Lots of slamming doors, kids screaming, tvs blaring. There are 2 big dips in the driveway to the hotel from the road, and a huge gaping pothole covering 3/4 of the entrance to the parking lot. Very bad 1st impression. There is no change machine on site for laundry or vending machines. The front desk literally closes with a roll down window at 6 pm mon thru friday, saturday at 2 pm, and sunday they are closed. You can only call in an emergency if you need something.
The only nice thing I can say, is the housekeeping lady is very sweet and cheerful. She is also excellent at her job, this place is very clean.

Room Tip: keep the bathroom exhaust fan on all night to create white noise to drown out the highway sounds and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ethansmom04

Reviewed May 16, 2012

There are pro's and cons to staying here. I'll list the drawbacks first (and there are many). The road leading up to the hotel has a huge pothole in it and announces right away that the staff isn't interested in providing a quality experience for their guests. The front desk is under-staffed and is only there about 30% of the time, even during office hours. However, I have found them to be freindly and accomodating, if somewhat unprofessional. There are some pretty interesting people staying at this hotel. You can tell some of them are down on their luck and transitioning, some of them are working out of town, and some of them appear to be homeless and strung out on drugs. Apparently there are gymnasts staying above me who practice their talents until 1:00am. You will also catch a vast array of fairly unpleasant odors when walking down the hallways and riding in the elevators. I brought my own towels and noticed a $10 per week towel charge on my bill which I had removed after the first week.

However, my room and all of the general areas are spotlessly clean. The water pressure is nothing impressive but gets and stays hot and all the kitchen appliances work well. There's a full size fridge in the room as well as 2 burners and a microwave. We're here for 3 weeks and I held out for a week before paying the outrageous $10 a week for internet (how hard would it be to provide wifi?) We're in the largest room with 2 beds and are paying $269 per week. Honestly, that's a really really decent rate for a clean, safe (cameras everywhere) room in an excellent location. It is what you make of it. Bring your own pillows and even the beds don't seem all that bad.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the 4th floor you're guaranteed to have no gymnasts above you.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lori H
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I stayed at the ValuePlace for two times three weeks, while visiting the university of Fort Collins. It is a lot cheaper than anywhere in Fort Collins, but of course, there is a reason for the low price.

First of all, make sure you do not get a room at the side of the highway. The noise is terrible...On the other side of the building, it is ok.

It is nice that you can cook, but there are only two plates, and no decent ventilation, which severely limits what you can cook, since you have to sleep in the same room as where you cook. The windows cannot be opened fully, only for 10cm or so...Do not buy the 'dish pack' they offer, it is extremely bad quality. For the same amount of money, you probably can find a decent pot&pan.

The staff was, in my opinion, very helpful. They are not extremely friendly, but do what you expect them to do. E.g. I got an extra blanket, and when there was a problem with noisy neighbours, this was solved quickly by giving me another room. The office hours are not suited for people that have to go to work, but there is always a night manager for emergencies.

Expect to see some depressing sights, like people with little kids staying there permanently. On the plus side: when I was there, the place was very clean, I also appreciate the laundry facilities.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank Chokie1
Reviewed November 4, 2011

You would get a better value staying in your car! I am actually in my room now and discovered bloody, dirty, hairy sheets - at the bottom half of the bed sheets. There's hair all over the bathroom. What's worst, the office, to get help, is closed until 10:00 am tomorrow morning and I have no way of reaching management until then. So I certainly will not be getting any sleep tonight.
Office staff does not welcome you with a smile. They're quite short and do not like questions.
I didn't expect too much because of the price (except cleanliness and cordial employees), but if you decide to risk staying here, keep in mind you will need to bring everything... you will be provided with one tiny piece of soap, a couple grey (I'm sure they were once white) towels, and a half used toilet roll - which may be ok for one night - but you must buy a week's stay. I could go on and on.
Completely NASTY!

Room Tip: Don't stay! I have photos to share - but unable to submit by phone on this website. Will subm...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank 252sunflowers252
Reviewed December 20, 2010

Great place to stay,clean and besty place around for the value.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank emehl
Heather L, Manager at WoodSpring Suites Loveland, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Thank you very much for the compliments. We appreciated you staying with us for your trip very much and we hope to see you again the next time you come through town. Take care.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

We were being relocated for my husband's work, booked a week there while we packed & cleaned out our house. After a long and tiring day we checked in, we selected this for the price of course, but also it was billed as a place we could cook in & save money on food as well. We carried up all our personal effects and walk into what can only be described as a jail cell. Complete with a list of infractions they give you in your room which they can "evict" you for! Nuts!
The room was clean enough, but smelled of old greasy food, we figured out pretty fast the the two burner stove top ( no oven ) had the microwave right above it and the fan did not work properly, which made the entire room smell when anything was cooked on the burners.
The unit had no water pressure at all. Everything you can think of that a normal hotel would provide they charge for, towels, linens, Wifi, they charge for EVERYTHING! There is also a long list of charges for items in your room.
THE BED! OMG- was literally a slab which came out of the wall with a very thin HARD mattress- it was impossible to sleep on. You would have to be passed out drunk to sleep on it. We wanted to bring our concerns to the manager but the office wasnt open until 10, I called and left a message for him to let them know he could not stay there. We had to leave before 7am the next day so we returned to resolve the matter in the afternoon, the Manager was very confrontional and unhelpful,we offered to pay for the night we stayed but we could not stay one more night, he said they were not set up for "overnights" & refused to refund the unused balance, basically he just stared at me with his red cheeks! he wouldnt even give me the number to call his manager, we went upstairs and I found their 800# on a piece of their paperwork and called, the customer service person was super friendly & listened to my concerns- at this point we were just packing to leave to go anywhere else to just sleep! My husband went down with the first load- and by the time he returned the 800 Customer Service lady had taken care of everything, contacted the manager & refunded our deposit and unused week. She was amazing!
This place seemed to be filled with transient construction workers and I wonder how they sleep there and then go off to work the next day. I can't imagine how anyone could stay here for more than one night & try to be normal the next day. I was so tired from lack of sleep that I felt like a crazy person! Thank god for the Customer Service line person! I would like to say one thing to the manager there. When I said I would tell everyone what a terrible place this was and you shrugged you shoulders and said " Well, sounds like you arent going to recommend us anyway" There's a big difference between someone who is unsatisifed and someone whos is pissed! Someone unsatisifed will simply not recommend the place when asked- someone pissed will go out of their way to tell EVERYONE. You have alot to learn.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
14  Thank justddz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Loveland
My Place Hotel - Loveland, CO
Embassy Suites by Hilton Loveland - Hotel, Spa and Conference Center
Quality Inn & Suites Loveland
Best Western Plus Crossroads Inn & Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Loveland
Wingate by Wyndham Loveland Johnstown

Been to WoodSpring Suites Loveland? Share your experiences!