“Horribly disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bent Fork Grill

Bent Fork Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bent Fork Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 240 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-25 and Highway 34 East Promonade Shops at Centerra
Description: The Bent Fork Grill is quality, flavor, hospitality, art, architecture, scent, warmth, relaxation, sound, and fun. With our award winning menu of diverse American classics, casual elegance and eclectic wine list, the stage is set for our staff to deliver an experience that will melt away the stress, stimulate the palate, and leave you wanting more.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Horribly disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

First, the good. The restaurant appeared to be clean and the staff was professional and friendly.

I ordered the BBQ Baby Back Ribs with mushroom soup and french fires, and they threw in cole slaw as a bonus.

The soup: Mushroom soup should NOT be sour. This had a sour bite. The mushrooms were practically pureéd to a liquid; I personally would rather chew my own, thank you. This was not a deal breaker, but I just wasn't impressed.

The ribs: Their ribs are very obviously pre-cooked and heated upon ordering. Mine came to me barely warm and extremely dry. I couldn't eat even one rib. This was the deal breaker.

The French fries: I chose to fill up on the fries. They were actually very good; hot and crispy. Until…I chose a slightly deformed fry, dipped it in the sparse ketchup and popped it into my mouth. It had the distinct flavor of disinfectant. Deal breaker number two.

My wife ordered the Rosemary Chicken. It came to the table looking pale and unappetizing. The skin was not crisp, but after the skin was removed, it was given good marks. Her salad was acceptable, but not enough dressing.

My son ordered the French Dip sandwich. It was described as lack-luster and the au jus was absorbed with the first dip. Again, not enough.

My policy is to give a restaurant a second chance or even third chance. This is an exception. I will find it very difficult to ever go back to the Bent Fork Grill.

Although my meal was comped, I found this experience to be EXTREMELY overpriced for crappy food.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Norm K

Loveland, Colorado
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Nice atmosphere, great food. Ordered the Lobster ravioli- delicious!! Great location to walk around for shopping before or after your meal- also kid friendly!

Visited January 2013
Des Moines
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I love locally owned restaurants. These folks are friendly and competent. I eat here whenever I'm in the area.

Visited July 2013
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“Really Good Fare!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have had multiple dining experiences here. Great for meetings (had several lecture / dinners) as well as power lunches. Quiet ambience even for dinner except near the bar but very comfortable seating. Service is always attentive.

Personal favorites include the Seared Ahi Tuna (Gluten free sauces with rice and vegetables) and Paniolo (Hawaiian Cowboy {!}) Rib eye Steak with Potatoes and Veggies. Wine list and Martini list are both extensive if a bit pricey. Get a doggy bag cause you have to try the Brownie Sampler (German Chocolate AND Blondie Caramel) with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge and caramel sauces!

• Visited June 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“What we've tried we like....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

While we haven't tried everything on the menu, we have our favorites and that's what we usually order. The Spicy Pecan and Gorgonzola salad is one of those as is the New Mexico Ribeye Sandwich.Wait staff is attentive but occasionally we've been left without someone checking on us for too long. All in all, we find this a decent place to eat.

• Visited May 2013

Been to Bent Fork Grill? Share your experiences!