“Not impressed!”
Review of Bent Fork Grill

Bent Fork Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Bent Fork Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 245 Restaurants in Loveland
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-25 and Highway 34 East Promonade Shops at Centerra
Description: The Bent Fork Grill is quality, flavor, hospitality, art, architecture, scent, warmth, relaxation, sound, and fun. With our award winning menu of diverse American classics, casual elegance and eclectic wine list, the stage is set for our staff to deliver an experience that will melt away the stress, stimulate the palate, and leave you wanting more.
Daphne, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

No problem getting seated the place was empty with the exception of a Christmas party in in the bar, which was quite loud. Suggestion: put up some glass dividers to help contain the noise.
Service; was poor....got our salds the same time as our dinner....Server was more interested in talking to another table than doing her job.
Food; Roasted Chicken was cooked to the point of Chicken Jerky and the Lobster Mac and Cheese looked like Velveeta mac and cheese from the box with some kind of fake lobster mixed in.
Silverware; I have to say it is the worse, it just rolls around in your hand...very difficult to cut your food or even eat with it. I would strongly recommend trying some place else.

• Visited December 2012

Greeley, Colorado
“Great place to dine...”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We've frequented the Bent Fork on a few occasions and stick to what we like. The décor is quite beautiful and lends ambience and class to a restaurant in a mall where one might not expect it. Service is prompt, professional and the wait staff are quick to make recommendations and demonstrate knowledge of the menu more intimately that most would expect. Service speed is quite acceptable and the food is very good. If you appreciate the subtle taste of mushrooms then you must try their mushroom soup. It is one of the best I've had and we take to go orders of this soup home to enjoy. Generally speaking, the food is cooked to order and arrives at your table hot and visually appealing. A nice little find where you wouldn't expect it - especially for a chain. Not really a kid's restaurant, enjoy this one with your significant other. They'll appreciate you for it.

• Visited April 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Bad Prime Rib”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were in the Loveland, CO area to attend several high school graduations. Because it was my husband's birthday we selected what we thought to be one of the upscale restaurants in The Promenade at Centerra. I ordered the Spicy Penne Pasta and he ordered the Slow Roasted Prime Rib. The sauce was tasty on the pasta but the Italian sausage was more like Bratwurst. His prime rib was awful! He ordered it medium and it looked to be rare, it was the fattiest cut we've ever seen, difficult to cut, very tough and had flavor like a corned beef not a prime rib. The service was the only good thing at The Bent Fork. Needless to say we will never return.

• Visited May 2013
Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Excellent food and service! Plus, it's locally owned”
Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

This locally-owned restaurant is one I like to frequent as much as I can...and the wide variety menu allows for this! I've tried several dishes, and all were excellent - lobster Mac & cheese, burger, spicy penne pasta & spicy pecan Gorgonzola salad. This most recent visit, I had the Salmon BLT. I rarely order fish sandwiches at restaurants, especially salmon cause I don't like salmon when it's really fishy. This salmon was marinaded in a soy-type sauce and it was perfectly prepared. Lettuce, tomato & bacon on top along with a yummy aoli made the sandwich perfect!

• Visited April 2013
Loveland, Colorado
“Pretty good food, but lack of attention to service and detail”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

A friend and I decided to stop in the Bent Fork after taking in a movie at the Metrolux. I had read the reviews, and most of them rate this place pretty favorably for food and service. The Bent Fork is known for their martinis and there were a whole variety of them on the drink menu.

We were seated right away and our drink were brought to us promptly and were cold and good. I ordered the Black & Blue Burger with sweet potato fries and my friend had the spicy pene pasta. Both the burger and the pasta were very tasty, no complaints really. There was a generous amount of crumbled blue cheese on the burger and it was cooked just right. One thing that diminished the enjoyment a bit is that it was swimming in an ajus or french onion soup that made it a little messy and overpowered the flavor at times.

Where this place fell short was on the service. I ordered sweet potato fries but was delivered regular fries. Once I noticed, I tried for several minutes to get in touch with the Server, but she was away and very busy at the bar, and no one came to check to see if our food was alright until we were well into the meal. I just decided to go ahead and eat what I had instead of waiting for someone to finally come.

Once the Server finally came over, there was no real attempt to make the situation right other than, "Oh, I'm sorry, that kitchen". I wasn't expecting a comp, or anything like that, but no offer of any restitution or remedy was made.

Anyway, all in all it was a pretty good meal, but I have to review what actually happened and not just potential. I will definitely be willing to give this place another shot, there were several other things on the menu that looked delicious and maybe the service will be better on the next trip.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Goatesians
John T, Owner at Bent Fork Grill, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
I certainly apologize, that is clearly not the service we aspire to. We pride ourselves on our excellent service and yet that evening we were a little short-handed, due to reasons beyond our control so she was left covering more tables than we prefer, for the very reasons you have articulated. But when we made the errors without question we should have rectified these mistakes, once again I'm sorry. I appreciate you pointing out our errors, we will learn from this situation and it will hopefully make future guest experiences more enjoyable, because you took the time to share. If you try us again please take the time to introduce yourself.

John Tetrault, owner
Bent Fork the grill

Been to Bent Fork Grill? Share your experiences!