“Good mexican food...that is somewhat more traditional than other places”
Review of Casa Alegre

Casa Alegre
Ranked #28 of 104 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Feels like a well run family restaurant and the food is pretty good. Service is great and the menu is relatively broad.

1  Thank NA69Traveler
There are newer reviews for Casa Alegre

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I really enjoy eating at Casa Alegre. The staff are very friendly and provide attentive service, the food is very good and fresh, the margaritas are good, and the prices are reasonable.

1  Thank flohomama
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here last night. (12/30/12). I had Tacos el Carbon. I was a BIG plate of food that was very good. My only complaint was I wish the dish had more sauce. My wife had a tasty steak dish that was spicy and good. It came with tortillas on the side so you could make your own.
All and all a very good meal.

1  Thank theblackrook
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This unassuming restaurant next to the railroad tracks is a real find in an age of chain Mexican restaurants. The sauces are like nothing I've ever had in the U.S. and very much like small regional restaurants in Mexico. I heartily recommend the house specialty burritos, particularly the Burrito Loco Azado. Good vegetarian choices, too. BIG servings and great service. In summer, there's music on the outdoor patio on weekends.

1  Thank Joe A
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place has a great private patio - not on the street - no views of cars, and there are trees to provide shade. But, that's about all the positive things I have to say. Food was alright - nothing special, but I didn't have much trouble cleaning my plate anyway....

1  Thank kushta