“Good Mexican food.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Lafayette, Colorado
“Good Mexican food.”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My wife and I had dinner here last night. (12/30/12). I had Tacos el Carbon. I was a BIG plate of food that was very good. My only complaint was I wish the dish had more sauce. My wife had a tasty steak dish that was spicy and good. It came with tortillas on the side so you could make your own.
All and all a very good meal.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank theblackrook

“Great family-owned Mexican restaurant with uniquely flavored food”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

This unassuming restaurant next to the railroad tracks is a real find in an age of chain Mexican restaurants. The sauces are like nothing I've ever had in the U.S. and very much like small regional restaurants in Mexico. I heartily recommend the house specialty burritos, particularly the Burrito Loco Azado. Good vegetarian choices, too. BIG servings and great service. In summer, there's music on the outdoor patio on weekends.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Joe A
colorado
“Great patio seating, average food”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

This place has a great private patio - not on the street - no views of cars, and there are trees to provide shade. But, that's about all the positive things I have to say. Food was alright - nothing special, but I didn't have much trouble cleaning my plate anyway....

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank kushta
Boulder
“OK but hoped for more”
Reviewed December 16, 2010

We really wanted to like this place. It's close by, looks great and there are surprisingly few good Mexican places in the area. Unfortunately, the food is just ok - nothing spectacular.

We decided not to return when, during the dinner hour, a couple of guys were getting a little over-rambunctious at the bar with shots, arm-wrestling and trying to impress a young lady nearby. No problem with this per se but it was a Thursday night at 6:00 with many families eating dinner. Biggest problem (and one of the loudest voices in the group) was the manager/bartender enjoying his friends rater than serving the other customers.

Just wasn't worth it.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Loved the place! Not impressed with the food...”
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This looked like a great Mexican place to check out. When I walked in I was feeling some good vibes. Locals were eating here. It was an old building/bar that was renovated and had an authentic feel. The service was great. But the food was sub par. Not impressed. I'm not sure how much of the food is actually cooked up in the back and how much is already prepared. I was really hoping I would love it and want to return. As much as I wish that were true it just isn't. I'll need to find another Mexican place in the area. But maybe there isn't another and that is why there was some local business?