“Great Breakfast, Clean Room!”

Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Our room was updated and clean and the entire hotel seemed clean. The continental breakfast was delicious - bacon, eggs, waffles, fresh fruit...plus all the usual cereals and desserts. In the breakfast room I overheard a manager complimenting and employee and thanking her for all her hard work - I don't hear that too often! The one downside was that the pillows weren't very firm...leaving us with a sore neck.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VoyageHopper42
hamloveland, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you here again next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The room is ok but the breakfast is terrible. Oatmeal with 1/3 water, coffee that is room temperature with coffee grounds in it. Poor selection of food and quality. The room was clean and comfortable and the temperature was ok. I was glad to see that they have upgraded the rooms to have more than one plug in available to use.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Luanna M

Thank you for the review of our property! We have several new staff members at the hotel and I have ensured that they know how to make the coffee and oatmeal properly so the oatmeal will not be watery and the coffee will not have grounds.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed there 3 nights recently, visiting family in Louisville. I've tried almost all the hotels in Louisville, and this one is my favorite. Very convenient (as they all are), so I guess the outstanding features are the comfort of the room and the breakfast. Lots of places to put your suitcase in our king-bed room. Comfy bed, good shower. The breakfast is pretty extensive and actually features eggs and breakfast meat. The staff was nice; the price was right, and you get Hilton Honors points. I'm surprised by the negative reviews. We'll stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Grammatik0s

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We work hard to make sure that every stay is an enjoyable one and we look forward to the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member and frequent Hampton guest, I'm shocked even disgusted by the condition of this hotel. The rooms are dirty. I have seen the same dirt in the elevator for three days. I took pictures. The breakfast area is barely clean and is not stocked. I think I will begin staying in the Marriott hotels from now on.

• Stayed: August 2013

We have been working hard at making some improvements at our hotel and I hope you consider staying with us again. We have recently deep cleaned the carpets in all of the common areas of the hotel including the elevator. I have also spoken to the breakfast attendant about the cleanliness of the breakfast area and we have been ordering more food for breakfast during our busiest times.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

This Hampton Inn looks 20 years old although the manager said its only 5 years old. He told us this at the same time he was explaining how the cleaning staff had all left. And you can tell. The place is rundown and dirty! First room we saw had dirty sheets and red marks all over the walks. Second room looked a little cleaner. Phone broken. No wi-fi for our entire stay. They kept saying they were working on it. Elevator carpet looked like it was never vacuumed. Railing broken off in elevator and not fixed. Stay away from this place!

• Stayed: August 2013

I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our hotel. Our hotel was remodeled in 2011, but it was built in the 1990's. We have been working hard with hiring a 100% permanent housekeeping staff and I am glad to say that we are nearly there. We have repaired the phone in the room that you were staying in and during most of your stay the wifi was off for the installation of a new, much faster router that will allow us to offer a faster and more reliable internet connection to our guests. Soon after your departure we deep cleaned all of the common areas of the hotel including the lobby, hallways, and elevator. I do hope that you come back to see us next time you are in the area so we can demonstrate to you all of the improvements that we have made.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Second day almost all towels missing. One small one left. I came a second time--am staying there now--and the pillows had no cases. Clearly this hotel having problems with service. Out of breakfast items last time--same experience this time. Hotel is Ok but someone needs to oversee the experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the review of our property. We have recently hired quite a few staff members and we are working hard to train them up to our high standards. We have been ordering more breakfast items and I have also spoken to our executive housekeeper to make sure that all of the rooms are not only being cleaned up to our standards, but that she is also carefully inspecting every room to ensure that all of our standards are being complied with before the room is turned over to guests.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

This place was gross. The second I walked in, it was like walking into a dirty sock. It smelt horrible. Someone's leftovers were still in the fridge and and toenail clipping were on the night stand. I cringe thinking back on that stay on how dirty the rest of the room must have been knowing that they couldn't clean up even those basic things. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy1326

I am sorry about the experience you had at our hotel. I have spoken to housekeeping to ensure that this issue does not happen again. Recently we have hired several new housekeepers and we are working hard to ensure that they have all the training necessary to do the job up to our high standards. I really do hope you consider staying with us again so we have a chance to show you all of the improvements that we have made.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville
Courtyard Boulder Louisville
Residence Inn Boulder Louisville
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield

Been to Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville? Share your experiences!