“Overall a good experience/value for the money”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Italy
“Overall a good experience/value for the money”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Arrived in Louisville after a long day spent in the car. Staff very friendly and professional. Room was perfectly clean and exceeded expectations. Downfalls: wifi only available in lobby, in-room internet need cable to connect (which I didn't have since was expecting wifi), the evening I was there the phones did not work due to a problem on the phone company's end (not hotel's fault), no local restaurant menus that delivered to the hotel in the room, had to go to the front desk and ask. Water in the outdoor pool was too warm, was almost like sitting in a hot tub. Positive about the pool, outstanding view

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
blue ridge mountains
Reviewed August 3, 2012

Pleasant property with friendly staff and a nice pool (though the water was greener than last year). Coffee was a bit stronger than last time, but still not as good as some other LQ properties (those who like it weaker can always add hot water). Location is very convenient to Boulder, and the nearby Old Santa Fe Grill has good Mexican food at fair prices.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2012

A nephew was getting married in Boulder, CO, so I needed to find a hotel that would be located nearby without spending an arm & a leg. My sister-in-law was already a LaQuinta member & asked me if I'd checked them out? So happy I did! We arrived late evening, a day earlier than planned, expecting some sort of hassle at the front desk (you know..."sorry, we don't have anything available" or "why yes, we DO have a couple rooms, but they will cost $$$$"). Instead, we were greeted with a friendly hello & smile from Matt. He told us the hotel had a few rooms available & immediately went to work, finding us 2 rooms, saying if they weren't to our liking, we could switch the next day. The rooms were located close to each other, so my wife & sister-in-law could visit easily. We found them both clean, roomy & extremely comfortable. Plus, they were furnished with a king-sized bed, recliner, desk & 2 chairs, in-room coffee pot, microwave & small refrigerator. Matt let us have the rooms at the quoted rate received on our on-line reservations. Great deal! The beds were very comfortable & the hotel was really quiet....so much so, that I actually SLEPT (this is unusual for me -- normally, I can't sleep the first 2 nites in a hotel). The location was perfect -- an easy 1/2 hr. drive to Boulder (and that was with moderate traffic). And the price? Great! My nephew & his bride had arranged for a block of rooms at a hotel in Boulder where the wedding party was staying -- our rooms at LaQuinta were 1/3 of their discounted price. Oh, and did I mention the free WiFi and complementary breakfast? I'm a happy customer :)

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

atlanta, ga
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Based on the stellar reviews, I thought this would be a great place to stay. It wasn't at all. The room had a ripped curtain, the tub was filthy ( black streaks on the bottom), stains on the ceiling, and stains on the bed. The bed looked old and lumpy. The curtain had a ripped hem and the "artwork" in the rooms were faded. Clearly there has not been an upgrade for many many years. The hallways were not air conditioned. The pool water was murky green. I couldn't even stay there 30 minutes, much less one night. Expedia worked with the front desk to refund our room, so that is the one positive.

2 Thank mommatga
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We spent last night at the Louisville La Quinta. The lobby is bright and clean, and is also the area where breakfast is available as part of the room cost. Breakfast includes make-your-own waffles, cereal, bagels, fruit and coffee. The room we have has two doubles, a table, a nice TV and seems reasonably clean. The pool area is an inside courtyard with a hot tub - haven't been in yet. The price is quite reasonable, especially with AAA. My only complaint (and for me it is a big one) is that the room STINKS of cigarette smoke. We'd booked a no-smoking, or so I thought. I spoke with the fellow at the desk this morning and complained about this, and he said that the no-smoking is a preference they try to honor, but it is not required. He said the hotel was full. Frankly, if I'd known that when booking I might have tried another place.

2 Thank jillles
Boulder, CO
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Good location, reasonably quiet and clean. While I didn't initially have the refrigerator I requested the front desk clerk was very helpful and got me one quickly. Unfortunately, the unit was extremely loud, so I went to nearby pharmacy and purchased earplugs, which solved the problem. It was a very hot couple of days that I was there, and air conditioning worked beautifully, albeit water was dripping into carpet and the whole carpet area around the unit was damp. Included full breakfast, used fitness center and overall was pleased with stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bldrgal54
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder
Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville
Courtyard Boulder Louisville
Residence Inn Boulder Louisville
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville? Share your experiences!