“Terrible Experience”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Omaha
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

Room had an extreme sweet smell. Found out after we had unpacked that there was a heavy reside all over all the furniture. The cleaning crew had sprayed room freshener extensively to cover over some other oder in the room. The floor was dirty in the bathroom. The sink was dirty in the bathroom. The mattress was old and wore out. Front desk help was rude when I arrived. He took phone calls while working with me to get a room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Gary B
BWGMLouisville, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
I am so sorry you had an unpleasant stay with us. I wish you would have voiced your concerns when you were here so we could have made it right for you. We go out of our way to make sure everyone has a pleasant stay, as you can see from the numerous other outstanding reviews of of our hotel. If you are ever in the area in the future my whole staff hopes you will give us another try so we can make it up to you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Grand Junction, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

My sister and I were traveling to Boulder and stayed at this BW just outside of town. The property is super convenient to Boulder and nicer then the one right in town (and cheaper). Everything was clean and well managed except for the front desk clerk when we checked in. His name is Filepe and he has the largest attitude of any "customer service" person I have ever encountered. We checked in at about 10:30 PM on June 21, the only people in the lobby at this time and yet Filepe let me stand at the counter waiting to be acknowledged for what felt like three full minutes while he clicked around the his computer. When he finally spoke, he didn't look up. I told him I was checking in for two nights (more clicking). When he found my reservation he informing me that because my husband had purchased one room with points and one with a credit card, that my sister and I would need to check out in the morning (taking all our stuff from our room) and check back in in the afternoon. When I argued this point, he repeated himself slowly and condescendingly as if I were a ESL three year old. Next he told me that my husband's credit card would need to be present to check in the second night, otherwise I would have to pay for it. I explained that my husband has purchased the room online as a gift for my sister and I. Filepe told me that my husband had only reserved our room and that we would need to produce the card to claim our reservation. The conversation continued in this manner until I finally conceded, taking the one key he gave me and planning to talk to someone else in the morning.

Again, the room was really nice. Fridge and microwave worked, everything clean and spacious and updated.

In the morning, Deena at the front desk (a treasure) righted all of Filepe's wrongs apologetically. If this location "cut the fat," and sent Filepe to find his bliss elsewhere, they could boast a first- rate operation.

Room Tip: The layout is great because nothing is too far from the one elevator. As always, the rooms next to t...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Meredith N
Thank you so much for your comments about your recent stay with us. I apologize about the problems you encountered during check in. I have gone over your comments with my staff and will do my best to make sure they never happen again.

We are very pleased you enjoyed the rest of your stay. I can't tell you how many of our guests tell us how much they enjoy the microwaves and refrigerators we have in all of our rooms.

Thank you so much for staying with us - we hope to see you soon.
Ridgway, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family stayed at this hotel for the weekend. My wife raved about the breakfast as she likes Soy Milk. All the food for breakfast were very good including wheat toast for those looking for fiber.
On the downside, the rooms could use more "art" or decorations and the night clerk was poorly dressed. All the other workers were helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Larry F
Thank you so much for your comments about our hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have been getting a lot of positive comments about the addition of soy milk to our breakfast. We have also added fruit cups and yummy fresh baked danish's.

Thank you so much for staying with us - we hope to see you again real soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a nicely upgraded Best Western in a decent area of town. The rooms were clean and the staff was very accommodating. The hot breakfast was also wonderful. They had soy milk and healthy food options available, but also the not so healthy waffle maker.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Rk0075
BWGMLouisville, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the healthy options we now have available for breakfast. Feedback from our guests is so important to us.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again real soon.
Saratoga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

A very nice hotel. Receiving the welcome gift at check in is a great feature. You may have trouble locating the hotel because of limited signage, we didn't know we were there until we were right upon the turn. It's right of the road and near the driveway to other hotels. We liked the decor of the guest room, however, the room is quite cramped especially the main door and the restroom - too close for comfort. All amenities are great but not much walking space. We loved the breakfast room, the windows give a wonderful open feel with the sunlight shining through and the full breakfast is awesome. They also have 2 computers with a printer in the business room which is good so more than one person can use the room. No indoor pool all is outdoors so hotel recreational fun will be limited during off season. All employees are great and really seek to help you whatever your request. There are a number of places to eat and shop both near the hotel and south of the freeway. There is a cool movie theatre near the hotel behind a shopping complex and it looks like a grand concert hall. Since it's just off the freeway, it within a hour of the airport by way of toll road and half hour of Boulder.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your kind words. My staff lights up when they see how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your business.
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for 8 days while we were checking out the area as a place to live. The rate we got at this hotel was awesome, considering how close we were to Denver and Boulder. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean as a whistle. I don't think we could have done much better anywhere in the Boulder area. Boulder is only 19 minutes away and Denver 30.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Comments like yours are why we love the hotel business!
Our location is one of our biggest advantages. Only 5 minutes from Boulder and 20 minutes to Denver and we are surrounded by 15 restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went in through Orbitz so maybe that's why my rates were good, but my average per night was just over $50 for the week I was there.

We had an issue with our TV that was fixed within minutes. Breakfast was complete with sausages and eggs. We rarely heard our fellow guests. Room service was ready when we wanted it and unobtrusive when we didn't. It was clean, well kept and well located, just outside of Boulder. Throw in the microwave and fridge and it was a steal for $50 per night! (We stayed in April - this likely also affected the rates)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Scrambled eggs and sausage are very popular with our guests. We just added fresh baked danish's too, so we hope you come back soon so you can give them a try.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Courtyard Boulder Louisville
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder
HYATT house Boulder/Broomfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville
Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville
Residence Inn Boulder Louisville

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Louisville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!