“The perfect place to stay”

Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this property for 8 days while we were checking out the area as a place to live. The rate we got at this hotel was awesome, considering how close we were to Denver and Boulder. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The room was clean as a whistle. I don't think we could have done much better anywhere in the Boulder area. Boulder is only 19 minutes away and Denver 30.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
BWGMLouisville, Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Comments like yours are why we love the hotel business!
Our location is one of our biggest advantages. Only 5 minutes from Boulder and 20 minutes to Denver and we are surrounded by 15 restaurants within walking distance.

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I went in through Orbitz so maybe that's why my rates were good, but my average per night was just over $50 for the week I was there.

We had an issue with our TV that was fixed within minutes. Breakfast was complete with sausages and eggs. We rarely heard our fellow guests. Room service was ready when we wanted it and unobtrusive when we didn't. It was clean, well kept and well located, just outside of Boulder. Throw in the microwave and fridge and it was a steal for $50 per night! (We stayed in April - this likely also affected the rates)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. The Scrambled eggs and sausage are very popular with our guests. We just added fresh baked danish's too, so we hope you come back soon so you can give them a try.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Clean hotel. Staff was friendly and check in was fast & easy. Enjoy having a microwave and frig in the room. Breakfast was much better than expected, large variety. This hotel is good value. Will be staying here whenever I am in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013
BWGMLouisville, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your business!
We look forward to seeing you again real soon.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

I stayed here for five nights on business at the end of April. Louisville is a strange place - not a lot going on but close enough to Boulder to be easily accessible. You are also close to the Flat Iron mall and various sports centres.

The hotel is amongst a number of competitors I've stayed at in Louisville, Including the Courtyard Marriott and La Quinta Inn and Suites.

The other two properties are better. Why? The rooms and facilities are comparable at La Quinta - but the rooms are bigger and have the microwave and fridge as well. The leisure facilities are better at La Quinta and it also has a very nice outside pool.

The Courtyard Marriott has a nice public area with a decent bar and cafe and a small store for essentials and snacks. You can also get a room with a balcony.

Anyway, the Best Western is a nice enough hotel - but it lacks a decent public area (there is no bar or shop to pick up any food or amenities)

Staff are pleasant and friendly. Check-in is swift, in room facilities include high speed Internet, a decent LCD TV with plenty of channels and free movies. There is a fridge and coffee maker (although mine was broken and difficult to use) and there is a small fitness room with a treadmill, cycle and cross trainer.

Ultimately you may be swayed by either price or loyalty program membership as there's little to choose between these and others, but my personal opinion is that the other two properties I mentioned edge this particular Best Western.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same.....second floor will be quieter
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BWGMLouisville, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us Clark. I hope Ellen, Rusty and Audrey had a great stay as well. While I am sure other travelers will appreciate your in depth review of our hotel, I would like to point out a few inaccuracies.

While I would agree that the La Quinta rooms are larger than ours, only the king rooms have a microwave and refrigerator, not the double queen rooms. Whereas the Best Western offers microwaves and refrigerators in all of our rooms.

As for the swimming pool, I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to take a swim with Christie Brinkley during your stay, but we do have an outdoor heated pool and spa just like the La Quinta. Both hotels pools are seasonal and are open Memorial Day - Labor Day.

As for the Courtyard hotel, they are indeed a lovely hotel right next door to us. They have a bar and a great breakfast which will cost you $5-10 on top of their room rates of $140.00 plus per night.

Here at the Best Western our rates are much more affordable and we include a hot breakfast each morning which has scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles, muffins, danish, bagels, fruit cups, yogurt and 4 different cereals! All included in our room rate. I bet Rusty and Audrey loved that!

Thank you so much for staying with us, I hope we will see you again soon. Maybe next time you can bring Uncle Eddie and his dog Dinky as we accept and love pets at the Best Western Plus.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

After staying at this hotel for quite a few nights over the past 2 years, I arrived at the hotel at nearly 11 pm after dealing with a snowstorm. To my surprise, The smoking room that I had booked weeks ago was no longer an option, as they have converted to a totally non-smoking hotel and did not bother to inform anyone with reservations.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a smoking room, stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
BWGMLouisville, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

I am very sorry we did not communicate our new non smoking policy to you before your arrival at our hotel. The overwhelming majority of our guests voiced concern over our availability of smoking rooms and the odors throughout the hotel it created. We listened to our guests and made the change to all non smoking rooms.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The best Western in Louisville CO was wonderful, clean and pet friendly. Mark at the front desk was very personable and friendly. The rooms were clean and well kept. We had a suite. It was a dog friendly room but there were no odors of other dogs AT ALL. We had a small issue with the cable TV and Mark, personally, dealt with it until it was resolved. He even offered to move us if he couldn't resolve the issue. (but he did!!!!)The free breakfast was very well stocked with many choices and some of the best coffee I have had on a road trip. Thanks Best Western for all the effort you put into your chain to make me comfortable when I am away from home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind words. I cant tell you how happy we are that you enjoyed your stay with us. We recently upgraded our breakfast, including the coffee, and it is wonderful to hear how much you liked it. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here this week. It's inexpensive, and it's a good deal for the price. Think "poor mans Hampton Inn". Breakfast was good, and very much in line with what you would see in another business hotel (eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, and some fruit) The fitness center was nice, and had good equipment. The rooms were small, and not fancy, but newer, and certainly adequate for a budget business hotel, although they were not laid out well in the sense that the desk chair, which was actually a nice chair, blocked access to the rest of the room, and needed to be put somewhere else when you weren't actually using it otherwise you had to crawl over the bed to get past it. The staff was VERY friendly and helpful to, which was nice. Well located too. All in all, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Expect a budget business hotel that's a small step below a Hampton/Fairfield and you will be ple...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to provide the best value in the Boulder area and hearing your comments verifies our business strategy. We prefer to think of Hampton as an overpriced Best Western :-)

Thank you for staying with us, we hope to see you again real soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder
Courtyard Boulder Louisville
Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
Residence Inn Boulder Louisville
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield

Been to Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!