“Not friendly at all and we left after the 2nd night to stay else where”

Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed October 25, 2011

We were in from another state and when we were trying decide whether to stay another night or to check out....11am came and a pounding noise at the door from the rude security guard was stating time to leave. I feel that when my children went to eat breakfast they were treated like they did not belong there. Never will I stay at a Best Wetsern nor would I recommend it. Management was very rude as well. I had heard prior to staying here that they had some racial issues but thought I would try myself. Should have listened.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
TripMgr, Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2012

Dear Best Western Guest,
Here at the Best Western we strive to maintain a relaxing, quite and professional atmosphere for all of our guests. We hope you understand that our top priority is to ensure a calm and pleasant experience for everyone who chooses to stay with us. Excessive noise and rowdiness will not be tolerated.

Reviewed October 18, 2011

I recently stayed 2 nights at the Louisville Inn and Suites while visiting family in Louisville. The hotel was a good value. All the hotels in Louisville are clustered together in a good location. I had an interior room that was quiet and clean. The staff was helpful, breakfast was decent. I needed to check in very early (11 a.m.!) and they accommodated me. I would stay again or recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
TripMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you for your response. I'm pleased to hear your comments and will share with the staff. We hope you come back soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2011

We stayed here for five days as we were in town to help our son move. The first two days we were not happy with the housekeeping in our room. Spoke with the person at the front desk and he assured us things would be taken care of. They weren't. Finally on the fourth day we spoke to the person at the front desk and she said she would take care of it. And she did! She not only adjusted our bill but gave us a little goodie bag and a nice letter and made sure our room was cleaned as it should have been.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Penny V
TripMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2011

Thank you for your response. I'm glad we were able to correct the problems you experienced. We have taken a very proactive approach to any customer issues and these reviews are now utilized in training and help us to make decisions regarding future efforts.
I hope you will stay with us again when you visit your son. I feel confident in telling you that on your next stay you should have no problems. I recall your situation and have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you again and I hope to see you in the near future!

Reviewed September 20, 2011

My wife and I stayed here after a weekend in rocky mountain national park. The room had a sitting area with a big flat screen tv. I was very impressed to get a room with 2 large tv's for $75 a night. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Beanyray
TripMgr, General Manager at Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2011

I wanted to take a moment to tell you thank you for your comments. We have worked hard over the last two months under new management to increase our customer service level as well as make hotel improvements. It can be a bit chaotic during a large transitional time at a hotel and we have worked to make some notable changes and improvements. We are getting a wonderful reception and look forward to even more improvements as the next couple of seasons unfold. Please give us a call again when you come back to town. We will be adding packages and great getway ideas in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

A bunch of friends booked this hotel for our stay in Colorado during the Labor Day weekend of 2011. We were mostly on the go and just returned to the hotel to sleep often late at night and left early morning. So, we didn't really spend much time at the hotel.

The hotel was in a convenient location for us since we were driving to both Colorado Springs as well Rocky Mountains. It was nice to see breakfast served early (before 6) since we were up and running early everyday. Boiled eggs were available, which was pretty good, but the waffle maker wasn't quite working perfectly. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean. The only negative I could think of was that the room was quite small, but it really didn't matter to us.

Overall, I would say this is a very good value hotel especially if you're not going to spend much time in it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

I'm glad you shared your comments with the Tripadisor community. We appreciate your statments and suggestions. I have mentioned in other posts that we are continually striving to improve our already charming property as well as strive to be the best we can in customer service. We are under new management for the last couple of months and have made several enhancements. We plan to continue to do so and will work to listen to the customers comments to find out where we can best improve. Please look for packages and travel ideas in the future if you are in our area. Also, remember, we have suites that have an extended iving space with a fold out couch It allows for a separate living area and provides two flat screen tvs for your relaxation. This may just give you the extra room for that extended stay if you have plans to enjoy the beautiful Rocky Mountain region again soon. Thanks again and happy travels!

Reviewed September 14, 2011

Unfortunately, my family and I stayed at this hotel for an extended period this summer while I was on a business trip. 2 days into our stay, we attempted to find lodging elsewhere but no other hotels in the area we had to stay in had availability for the full length of time I needed it. However, when I stopped at one of the hotels across the street to check their availability, I mentioned that I was currently staying at the Best Western and they immediately knew that I was looking to relocate to another hotel. Apparently, this is a common occurrence and they get a good amount of business from guests from the Best Western checking out early.
After getting checked in, our room keys didn't work, our phone didn't work and the t.v remotes didn't work. The room was appallingly small and shabby. In addition, there were no hand towels or washcloths and only two bath towels. It was clear the room had not been cleaned - whiskers in the sink, hair in the tub, "something" on the toilet seat, small bits of trash on the floor. Thoroughly grossed out, we checked the sheets just to be safe although it was made up and appeared to be prepped for the next guest. Sure enough, there were stray hairs on the pillow cases and in the bed. Of course we requested another room but were told that it wouldn't be "as big" as this one! Mind you, the sofa bed could not even be folded out in the space available in the sitting area. We had to put the coffee table out in the hall to be able to make up my daughter's bed. We later bought a small air mattress so we didn't have to fold out the couch. That way, we were able to leave the coffee table ON THE SOFA while my daughter slept on the air mattress on the floor.
The free "breakfast" is a joke - I travel a great deal and have never seen such a poor offering. With the exception of the guy at the FD when we first checked in (bless his heart, he tried...) the rest of the staff could just as easily have been on vacation for all the value they brought to the property. Guests were routinely lied to about services and amenities. For example, the card reader on the outside door right outside our room didn't work when we first arrived. We reported it to the FD and were told that they had ordered the parts and that it would be 2 or 3 days at the most for it to be fixed. 5 days later, another family near us reported to the FD that the card reader wasn't working and were given the exact same line. The hot tub wasn't working and one of the other guest reported it to a staff member at the pool and was told they had ordered the parts and that it would be 2 or 3 days at the most for it to be fixed - sound familiar? It would appear that when something breaks down, they don't bother fixing it but just tell the guests they've ordered the parts and it'll be 2 or 3 days... Most guests don't stay as long as we did so they'd never notice.
This was an absolutely dreadful hotel to stay at and I informed my colleagues that if I had to stay there again for my next business trip that I would not be coming at all. Fortunately, my company removed this hotel from it's hotel directory and won't be considering it for future travelers.
Save yourselves the headache, discomfort and frustration of a truly sub par hotel. Stay anywhere but here. The only thing they have going for them is a fantastic location in a beautiful area.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel!