“Occupied room! Poor Quality.”

Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Louisville
Denver, Colorado
“Occupied room! Poor Quality.”
Reviewed June 17, 2011

The area that it is in, is safe and nice..but inconvenient if looking for a Boulder hotel. In a quiet area with other hotels, restaurants, and shopping.

The key did not work, so the front desk person reset it. Still didn't work. She reset it again. This time the key unlocked the door...the room was occupied with someone in bed! They were very upset...and so were we. The front desk person just laughed it off and said it was not her fault.

The new room we were given was dirty. Heater smelled awful--just like burnt hair. The filter obviously has not been changed in long time, if ever. Sheets were wrinkled and bed loosely made--like someone had slept in it. We were on first floor with large window that had a very loose insecure lock and a bent screen that looked like room had been broken into. Other rooms nearby had bent screens, also. We asked for an extra blanket; instead of a blanket they brought us a heavy bedspread. Morning breakfast was poor quality heated in microwave and brought out to buffet.

Would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sumtraveler5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Savannah, Ga
Reviewed June 7, 2011

I had a number of problems in my 2 day stay. All of the problem could have been taken care of with better management.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This hotel was fantastic! It was a value hotel with exceptional service. When we first got there, we were put in a room upstairs. We could smell some smoke so we asked to be put in another room. He put us in a room downstairs and then the cooler didn't work. So, again, we asked to be put in a different room, and the man at the front again moved us without a problem and even gave us a discount for all of our trouble. It was a nice experience. Plus, I loved the waffles!!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed August 2, 2010

I first stayed here with some reservations after reading the reviews. I can say that I was quite happy. I booked the suite because they promised leather office chairs - and I had one. That combined with the basic desk, adequate power outlets, fridge, microwave, and comfortable bed left me happy on my business trip. The motel was not the newest or the nicest I have ever stayed in, however I found the property clean and well kept.

As others noted the outdoor pool is around the back and requires walking around the building. A plus is that it is surrounded by many different walking distance restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank rsiemers
Mesquite, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2010

The girl at the front desk very nice, my dog was very happy, she had good grass to ..... The place is very clean, and the breakfast perfect. Very good price, near Boulder, Morrison and Denver

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MonicaP13
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I recently stayed at your hotel and was very disappointed with the service and the quality of the facility. I rarely comment on stays and reserve my comments for best and worst case scenarios. Unfortunately I feel this stay warranted such feedback. First, I struggled to wheel a loaded luggage cart through manual doors by myself while the woman at the front desk stood there by herself staring at me. Second, while I was unpacking my bag, I saw a bug scurry across the floor. I later found another large black bug behind the toilet and another under the sink. Gross. Before I tried to go to sleep on the lumpy pillows, I adjusted the thermostat only to have the air conditioner clunking and clattering through the night as it struggled to produce cool air. When I tried to get ready in the morning, I dropped the washcloth in the toilet because there was no toilet lid to shut. I was surprised that was the only thing that fell in in the crowded bathroom and was further grossed out wondering if the cloth I'd used to wash my face had been in somebody's toilet at some point. The so called business center has no printer and an old, slow CPU. Stay someplace else.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diamond_Debutante
Also consider these accommodations in or near Louisville
Quality Inn Louisville - Boulder
Courtyard Boulder Louisville
Best Western Plus Boulder Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Denver Boulder - Louisville
Hyatt House Boulder/Broomfield
Hampton Inn Boulder / Louisville

Been to Best Western Plus Louisville Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!