“Great Food....Erratic Service”

Ranked #6 of 107 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Huckleberry serves breakfast, lunch and dinner in an atmosphere of fun, creative, comfort. Our food is created to be "Funky Country" - real food you recognize and love with a modern twist. We've taken American Classics and added a hint of culinary sophistication to appeal to a wide variety of discerning palates.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Food was great..I has the chicken fried steak...and ordered poached eggs, which they made perfectly. My wife had the chicken pot pie and it was amazing. The chicken was moist and served it in a bowl style. The crust was delicious. Would get this again in a heartbeat.

Service was odd. We have always had great service here. And we had great service fom our initial waitress (Rachel), but another server kept intervening, and she had an impersonal attitude, and she brought our check before we asked for it, duh..did you ever hear about asking if customers wanted dessert....and then she made a callous comment that the server we liked was "in training".

Well the trainee was better than the "whatever" server. I would fire her butt, as she cost the restaurant money, since we didn't get dessert, and she demeaned a waitress that did a great job. She seemed more interested in turning a table, than providing service. Won't go back anytime soon.

I hope Huckleberry sees this review and responds to it.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

great food. its busy on Sunday so need to get there early to get in or be prepared to wait- but its worth it. loved the buttermilk pancakes

Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

It was so good. Not crowded. Honestly one of the best dinners i have ever had. I got some sort of herb chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. They also have a decent wine and beer selection. I could eat there every day and be super satisfied.
Also the customer service was absolutely fantastic. I highly, highly recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

My daughter and I took a chance on Huckleberry for after scrolling through the GPS for restaurants in the area. We are certainly glad we did! It is a charming atmosphere. We both ordered and enjoyed huckleberry lemonade. My daughter had the Greek Salad with chicken and I had the Asian Cashew Chicken Salad. Both were very beautifully presented and tasted extremely fresh. Their ingredients are local and organic. When I'm back in the area to visit her, we plan on dining at Huckleberry again!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Huckleberry has an afternoon tea for $18.95 per person. You must make a reservation in advance to attend. The tea is adequate, the service is earnest and the tower of food they serve with the tea is ample. If you like sweets, Devonshire cream and lemon curd, you will enjoy this experience. I just wish the environment was spruced up a bit as it has a bit of an old and out-of-date "feel". It would also be great if they would only serve organic and local ingredients, even if it increased the cost of the tea service a little. If you like this type of thing, you will probably like afternoon tea at The Huckleberry.