“Don't visit West Bloomfield, Michigan Outback--Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #26 of 98 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Farmington Hills, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't visit West Bloomfield, Michigan Outback--Ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is what I have written to the corporation...their response? NOTHING
To Whom It May Concern,
I would like to that owns Outback to read this letter, and decide if this is the way in which you would like Outback to be represented by your franchise owners. I realize that this will be given to the restaurant in question; however, I do hope that others will also view this because this particular owner is only interested in the almighty dollar – not the customer’s experience.
Before Christmas 2012 I contacted Outback via website/email to express how one is treated when dining at a Southeast Michigan franchised owned restaurant. When I returned from Christmas vacation in January 2013 and to my dismay there was no reply from Outback or the individual restaurant, so I tried again. This time my email via Outback website was returned and I received a call from the owner, Ryan (?). He assured me that he was sorry for any difficulties, including getting no response from my original email. He asked me to try the West Bloomfield, Michigan restaurant one more time, he would ensure great service; he also sent me “Outback bucks”. I was hesitant to say the least, but on Friday, January 18, 2013 I thought I would give it try. The order was simple, one classic cheeseburger with American cheese, one classic cheeseburger with swiss (this was take-out). Although the person taking the order said it would take 15-20 minutes we waited in the car an additional 10 minutes…a total of 30 minutes for two cheeseburgers…and they were made incorrectly; both came with American cheese. I contacted Ryan immediately and was extremely disappointed. I advised him I would contact the corporation, but he stated “it’ll only get kicked-back to me”…clearly insinuating franchise owners are not held accountable by the corporation. I begrudgingly agreed to give him one last chance…he PROMISED he would take care of me. On Saturday, January 26, 2013 I contacted the restaurant and placed my take-out order, speaking with Andrea. I ordered the outback special, medium rare with dressed baked potato and steamed broccoli, and seafood pasta. I spoke to Ryan after I made the order to make certain it would be correct…he said he would check it himself. When we picked up the order Ryan stated that he would only take the burger prices off the bill, we would have to pay the measly $13.00 difference (clearly he loves money and not customers). We paid the fee, went home and believe it or not AGAIN IT WAS WRONG. There was no baked potato. I immediately called and although I advised Ryan that the baked potatoes was missing, and clearly someone knew it should be there judging by the sour cream, butter and bacon bits he had to look at the ticket. He came back to the phone insisting the staff was “for sure” they put the baked potato in the order…clearly insinuating I was lying!! Who lies about a baked potato? I am infuriated that again the restaurant got the order wrong again; I am insulted that I was deemed a liar because his staff could not get it correct, and finally I am confused that the owner would not look at the order before it left considering all the difficulties I have encountered at this particular restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Veronica T

Louisville, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Outback continues to be my favorite restaurant. They have brought back the lamb in the form of a rack as opposed to single ribs. A rack will cook more consistently that single ribs. I like mine medium which is like a medium rare in most steaks. They do an excellenty job of it and when they make my fries "extra cripy", nothing could be better.
Thank you Outback.

• Visited December 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Better than Most”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

I am usually not a fan of Outback but this one had excellent service, an updated atmosphere and really good food.

Visited December 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Favorite restaurant in Louisville”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Even though my favorite item is no longer on menu, I still enjoyed my meal at the Outback. I love the bread. Hint for solo visitors: I tell them I won't sit in the bar or near the bathrooms. They try to put two people there also. Just speak up and they will seat you elsewhere. It is a typical Outback, but the food is good and the service is good.

I used to eat there several times a week and they still greet me like an old friend.

• Visited November 2012
The Woodlands, Texas
“Bad experience”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

My wife and I ordered the four course meal. The soup, salad and mashed potatoes were OK but the meat was not cooked even though we requested very strongly that it be cooked well done. The cheese cake was not very good. We had to send our meat back to recook but still it was not cooked correctly. Do not like to go back at outback.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank MrUniqueBond

Been to Outback Steakhouse? Share your experiences!