“A Year Later & Still Wonderful...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #12 of 98 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Boulder, Colorado
“A Year Later & Still Wonderful...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My last review was over a year ago, although we've been here quite a few times since then. This is the best Indian restaurant I've ever been to in my life, and I don't usually care for Indian food. I go because my boyfriend likes it & I'm a good sport.

Last night we took my parents there & had another GREAT meal. The Saag Paneer & Garlic Naan is to die for. I could eat just that it's so good. The Chicken Tikka Masala was cooked to perfection, as were the other dishes we ordered.

The decor & cleanliness are top notch. The service is great, helpful & friendly.

I even liked the rice pudding and I usually won't touch rice pudding.

The beer & wine selection is respectable - it was quiet, yet busy. Overall, a great experience. I'll be back soon. I also liked how they sat families with young children on one side of the restaurant and adult groups on the other. It made everyone happy.

It's a bit off the beaten path, but if you like Indian food, you're missing out if you don't stop here.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank LP303

Lebanon, Maine
“Warm environment, decent buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

(Please note that this review is based solely on the lunch buffet; the off-the-menu experience may be different.) The buffet offered mostly "standard fare" but all of it was of good quality. Most of the dishes were a bit too mildly spiced and mildly flavored for my taste, but again it was still all very tasty. I would have preferred more paneer in the saag paneer, more heat in the chicken curry, more character in the various chutneys, and more variety in the number of selections. The highlight of my favorite indian buffets are usually lamb, vindaloo, and dosai; none were present here. Rice was a bit crunchy, having overstayed its welcome over the sterno. We dined close to the end of the appointed buffet hours; I'm sure it was fresher earlier. The fresh naan served to each table was a nice touch, far better than helping yourself from a hotel tray. Service was fine, decor was welcoming. I went back for seconds. Criticisms notwithstanding, this was an enjoyable lunch.

• Visited July 2013
Colorado
“Best Indian lunch buffet in Boulder county...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I've tried every Indian restaurant in Boulder county I can find. While some have very good lunch buffets, none compares to the quality, flavor, and variety of Taj Mahal. Naan is brought fresh from the oven to your table. Mango Lassi, beer and wine are all available. The sauces are all delicious and very consistent. The salad bar has fresh lettuce and a few dressings, but good enough given you'll want to fill up on the hot dishes and sweet desserts. A ten dollar all-you-can-eat lunch buffet that will leave you wanting to come back. Great place.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank VRodKaraf
denver
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“awesome indian food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

delicious indian food, friendly staff, nice ambience and great service.
we have been going here for about 3 years now...

• Visited May 2013
Colorado Springs
“Oh yay! Awesome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Our favorite Indian Restaurant in US is The Oven, Lincoln, NE, and Taj Mahal, Louisville is fabulous. So delicious and authentic. We are thrilled to find such a good Indian food restaurant in CO, even if it is 90 miles from our home in Colorado Springs. We shall return!