“The Best Korma In Colorado?”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Ranked #12 of 102 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Erie, Colorado
“The Best Korma In Colorado?”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

This is my favorite Indian food and I have tried it all over the world (although not in India actually). The Chicken Korma has such a fabulous blending of spices that I could eat it almost every night and not get tired of it. Other favorite items include the Saag Paneer, which has nice delicate spices and a wonderful creamy taste and the Shrimp Vindaloo, which is perfectly hot and tasty. The Naan breads are all good, with the cheese being my kids favorite. Onion Bhajis are a great way to start out and the popadams are a nice way to enjoy the chutneys. Service is always wonderful and this restaurant is great for either eating in or taking out.

• Visited January 2012

Frisco, Colorado
“Best Indian lunch buffet”
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I've been to several Indian lunch buffets and this is easily the best. In addition to a salad/desert cold bar, they usually have about ten different entree items, at least three or four of which are vegetarian. The service is always good, without the turnover you see in many restaurants. I've been going there off and on for years and I see the same faces. They're very quick to deal with dirty plates and drink refills.

The only downside is that it's hard to stop eating - the food is so good!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Matt M
Denver, Colorado
“Beautiful Restaurant”
Reviewed December 19, 2011

When I first saw the outside of this place, I was hesitant to try it. However, once you get inside, the place is beautifully decorated and you cannot even tell it is in a strip mall.

The food was good, and there was a large selection with accurate descriptions that were easy to understand (I am not familiar with Indian food, so this was important for me). The waiter asked for how spicy we would like our dishes, so that was a plus also. The food itself was very good, and the portions were large. There were also a large selection of drinks to choose from.

The prices were also very reasonable, and I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for good Indian food in the area!

• Visited November 2011
Longmont, CO
“Best Indian food in Colorado”
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We have been going to the Taj Mahal for more than 10 years. We love the food there. We have been to Indian restaurants in Boulder, Denver, Longmont, and many places out of state and this is the best food we have found. Ali, the owner, is very welcoming and always remembers what we like to order.
We would particularly recommend the Chicken Tikka Saag (boneless chicken breast in a spinach sauce) and the Chicken Tikka.
If you like Indian food you will love this place. The restaurant is in a strip mall but when you walk in you will notice the beautiful decor, with photos and items from India, a fireplace, and a lovely fountain.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank TravelingMom02
Boulder, Colorado
“We've loved this Taj's food for several years...”
Reviewed May 10, 2011

My family of five has ordered take-out from this restaurant for many years and while we don't personally KNOW the staff there, they have always been very kind and polite during our pickups. This Taj's food has always been consistently delicious (per my guys' input, hands-down), but with four hungry stomachs to feed, I wish their portions were as generous as some of the other Indian food take-outs we've connected with in Boulder. My only other WISH would be that this Taj would open their phone line for take-out orders by (at least) 4pm MT.... Having to wait until 5pm to place a take-out order for dinner has cost this Taj a handful of orders from my family in the last year...

• Visited May 2011