“Skip it! I hate to say that???”
Review of Blue Parrot Restaurant - CLOSED

Blue Parrot Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I used to go there and used to tell friends about it. Now, I can't sorry. We don't want to loose one of Louisville legend places. Please fix it!!!!

2  Thank notsohappyDenver

Reviewed October 6, 2012

An icon in the area. Used to be a small sleepy town eatery. We used to drive from an hours away to eat at Blue Parrot. Homemade pasta is incredible. Thick and curly. But the sauce! Great sauce. A bit spicey, but really home made flavor. You can buy their sauce in many grocery stores, but the atmosphere of being there is worth the drive.

1  Thank isdn4u
Reviewed September 9, 2012

An historic icon of a dinner with a colourful past. Many new dining places have sprung up in this growing town that offer something different and new and competition for customers means re-invention to present whims. if you like nostalgia and ok food, definately try the Blue Parrot.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Been in business a long time, first went there in the late 70's and still good food!
Great tomato sauce and pasta! This trip I had the Ravioli/ Senior portion. My brother ordered the Senoir portion of Lasagne and the sister-in-law got a Italian Meat Ball Sandwich. We each had a small side salad also. Yummy!

2  Thank Graybeard47
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Based on a recommendation from a co-worker, I visited the Blue Parrot for lunch. I ordered the Spaghetti lunch special with Iced Tea.

My bill after T&T was $13. The portion size was huge and the sausage was tasty. My co-worker had the Meatball which was HUGE and delicious too. The noodles were quite different but very tasty. The sauce was a bit spicy but quite good.

The service was a bit schizophrenic though. I felt like I was being served by an older family. That said, they were prompt and took care of us. They just made a few mental mistakes in handing us off between the other servers.

The interior was dated. It felt like a nursing home. That said, I was there for the food which delivered.