“Interesting pleasant decor”

Cuisines: American, Irish, Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Very interesting history to the place. The large bar is beautiful with a interesting story. the place sure is charming. I didn't know what to expect in the way of quality food, but the fish and chips were over the top. The fish lightly breaded and not oily. Even though the place was full the services as very attentive. I would recommend Old Louisville Inn and if I'm in the area again I would certainly return

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had only been in the Inn once before. This time I was there with my wife and my son-in-law. My only complaint is that the booths are a bit of a squeeze for 3 adults. We had no complaints whatsoever about the choice or quality of the food, the drink, the service, the friendliness, or the overall quality of the whole scene. As usual with eating places, especially at lunch time, I didn't see a single eye turned towards the sports on television. People go to eat, to drink and to talk to each other. Who needs television? Sport? At lunch-time?

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Excellent fried cod - for fish and chips or a sandwich. The new chef has freshened up the ingredients and details. The atmosphere is warm, historical, charming, and Irish :) Good soups, salads and Irish dishes as well. We live in Louisville and always leave with a smile. It is a nice place to bring visitors because of its character and because of the updated menue and improved service, we now eat lunch there several times a week as well.

1  Thank Midwest2West
Reviewed October 28, 2012

First time I went there the food and service were great. The next time the food was not as good and the service were so/so
Third time the food was OK but the service is not getting better.
Not sure if the owner is paying attention!!!!

1  Thank notsohappyDenver
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The new menu features traditional style items as well as a diverse selection of killer bar food, gourmet salads, and unique appetizers. Traditionally influenced items include things like our Scotch Egg ($6), Bangers and Mash ($15), and Sheppard’s Pie ($14). Quick to become one of our most popular items is the Front Street Burger which is topped with a medium fried egg, rashers, cheddar cheese, and onion rings for only $13! If you are looking for something lighter, our Fried Goat Cheese Salad with beets or the gourmet Chopped Salad are two savory options perfect for both sophisticated and simple tastes. Attention parents: our kids menu is entirely new! Your kids will love our freshly prepared macaroni and cheese, 100% natural chicken breast tenders, cheese burger sliders, and fresh fruit options! We now also carry gluten free buns and will substitute grilled chicken or a veggie burger on any signature sandwich for FREE!!!