“Pleasantly surprised by this Italian chain restaurant”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #16 of 98 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boulder, Colorado
“Pleasantly surprised by this Italian chain restaurant”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently moved to Louisville, Co and would up grabbing a bite at the local Carrabba's. We were taken aback by how friendly and efficiant the staff were and how good the food was. We have been back several times and experienced the same consistency each visit. I recommend the chicken Bryan with spinach and the half price happy hour cocktails!

• Visited October 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Salt-crazy chef”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I took my family to this popular franchise in Louisville, Colo., for little celebration dinner recently. Even though the place was crowded for a Friday evening, we were seated immediately and the servers were efficient and perfunctory. I don't expect people who work in these places to take an active interest in customers and my expectations were what I got. In other words, they did their jobs and couldn't have cared less. Fine. I can live with that. We had a large calamari plate as a shared appetizer and the quantity was surprisingly large. But from my first bite, all I could taste was salt, lots and lots of mouth-puckering salt. I thought, "I better drink lots of water with this." We ordered some kind of pasta Alfredo, a salmon plank with broccoli, and a steak with some kind of sauce over it and mashed potatoes. As we usually do as a family, we shared a little bite of each other's food to taste it. All of us agreed that the overwhelming taste of each and every thing we were eating was salt! Salt overpowered every other flavor. The mashed potatoes were particularly astringent with salt. Salty salmon, salty broccoli, salty Alfredo sauce, salt, salt, salt. Even the fresh baked bread, without the addition of the herb and olive oil dip, was salty. By the way, the "herbs" in the dip is mostly ... uh huh, salt! So if you are a salt-lover, you'll be in heaven here. If you are a typical low-expectations type of diner who just likes to gobble what is put in front of you without regard to the cuisine, I'm sure you won't notice. But if you are on a salt-restricted diet, this place is pretty bad. You might want to ask what they have that is not covered in salt.

• Visited October 2013
Cuenca, Ecuador
“ANOTHER CARRABBA DISAPPOINTMENT”
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is the second Carrabba's in a row that has fallen flat on it's face other than the server
who was excellent.I ordered their "TRIO" and it was a flop.The salmon was dry,the mezzaluna was dry and the cavatrappi was ice cold.They did replace that but by than the damage had been done.My companion also had the "TRIO" but with the steak.That she said was very good but are mezzaluna and cavatrappi were also both dry and cold.I would not recommend this chain.Far to many other places that serve far better Italian food at as good a price if not better.We Carrabba's again after our other bad experience only because it was right across the street from out hotel.

• Visited September 2013
Boulder, Colorado
“Top notch Italian; great on the go”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

With busy lives, we use the curb-side service a couple times per month. It is fast, hot, delicious and pleasant. And, we also enjoy eating at the kitchen-facing counter when we dine-in. It is fun to watch the team cook. Their lasagna portions are generous and sometimes last for two meals. The house salad and Caesar salads are fresh and good. Their chicken soup is a favorite for our whole house including two teenagers. The "bowl" of soup = 2 "cups" and can also often last two meals. Other favorites are the salmon with spinach and spaghetti with meatballs. It is kind of surprising to me that they haven't emphasized desserts more. A cheesecake added to the menu would sell a lot, I would think. They have a separate room which is really great for birthdays or business meetings as well.

• Visited August 2013
RAPID CITY
“In and out...just the way I like it”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

In and out in 35 minutes...about all I have to say good about this place. We arrived at 6:30 on a Saturday evening and were promptly seated even though the place was quite busy. The first thing I noticed was the seat cushion was torn and loose and water pitchers were precariously balanced on a ledge just behind my wife - an accident waiting to happen. Our waiter was at the table within 5 minutes with recommendations as it was our first time there. He was contantly looking over his shoulder s if he had someplace better to be. He wasn't rude, was helpful but just wanted to turn his table.

The food came out of the kitchen wrong but the server caught it before we were served which was a big plus. Actually, the service was fairly good in retrospect. My meal was tasty but not hot - the garlic mashers were barely warm and the steak, while cooked properly at medium, was also not hot. The tiramisu was average at best. Not a place I would go back to but something I wanted to experience.

• Visited June 2013