“Excellent business”

Ranked #17 of 104 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: ITALIAN FOOD THE WAY IT SHOULD BE... Locally owned and operated, Zucca Italian Ristorante celebrates the broad range of Italian cuisine. Explore the rich flavors of Italy's sun drenched south, to the mountains in the north. Experience Italian food the way it should be, with fresh ingredients, careful preparation, and delightful presentation as you relax in our cozy, comfortable atmosphere. Enjoy a selection from our 100% Italian wine list, which features wines from all the regions of Italy.
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We are new to north Denver and were having a group of friends over for dinner last week. We live in Erie and asked our neighbors and friends for recommendations after trying a few other local Italian places that we were disappointed in. I grew up working in an Italian restaurant so I am very particular. Erika found Zucca and called and spoke with the general manager about catering our party of 20. To make things simple, she was going to pick up dinner as she would be passing by on her way home. When she arrived she was told that the chef, who was suffering from a broken rib, dropped our lasagna on the floor when trying to lift it. To make things right the GM drove all the way to our home in Erie to deliver a huge lasagna, antipasta and dessert. The food was truly incredible and everyone at the party loved it. We have yet to make it to the restaurant but we are certain it will be a place we go to often in the future. We are business owners and appreciate a business that goes out of their way to be certain that you have a great experience.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

A group of us met to try this place for the first time and elected to stick to the specials. Most of us, that is. They have a nice wine list, great breads and a creative menu. The chef uses local fresh foods as often as possible and a deft hand with herbs.

Service was great right until dessert when for some reason we were left on our own. For some reason our checks were long-delayed which became excruciating. My desert was dry and I felt it was leftover from days' past. I almost rated this a 3-star experience because of these things but decided to be generous. Your experience with a smaller group may be different.

By all means, try this friendly, happy place.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Our waitress was excellent; the food was good--lovely presentation. We had a couple appetizers (sliders and risotto balls), soup, caesar salad, and the polenta with zucchini (can't remember what it was called, but it was fabulous). Too full for dessert. We went early for dinner, about 5:45 so no trouble with parking or getting a table, but with limited street parking and limited seating, you might want to call ahead on a weekend.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been many times and the food and service is usually amazing. Ocassionally you will strike a dud night where the food is so-so or the service too slow. Greens are frequently over-salted which is a shame since it detracts from the meal.
There are some amazing wines on the list but the house wines are so-so which is disapointing.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

PROS:
1. Nicely decorated (but with nasty acoustic issues).
2. In nice weather, a little outdoor patio to people watch.

CONS:
1. We drove by this place 3 times in order to locate it! You can only see the sign over the door that is angled to the SW if you approach from the South. If you approach from the North there is not sign on the West side of the building which is their main store front off the street. That's crazy to not have an obvious sign facing the street!. I drive this street every week and never knew this restaurant existed.
2. The space is sooooo loud that it gets on your nerves. There is a table where they seat large groups which has a wall built out of stone behind it. This wall acts as a megaphone and pierces the restaurant with loud, high-pitched cackling. (I have 7 kids, 6 of whom are women and even I couldn't handle the noise!) The table next to us asked to be seated somewhere else and the owner said, "I know it can get really noisy. This room just shoots the noise across the tables." Hello? Is anybody planning to fix this problem when they know it exists?!
3. Ordered a specialty drink which wasn't good. The waitress was attentive enough to ask if I liked my drink and replaced it with a Basilico which was much better.
4. Hubby and I ordered a pepperoni pizza and a margherita pizza. Took half of them home and they were never eaten even by my kids and that never happens! They just weren't tasty enough to experience again.

1  Thank kimime