“Nice, convenient, and delicious”

The Empire Lounge & Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 100 Restaurants in Louisville
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Spruce
Transit: One block from RTD bus stop serving both Denver and Boulder.
Description: Located in the heart of Historic Downtown Louisville, Empire Lounge and Restaurant offers seasonal, classic American bar food and inspired handcrafted cocktails. Featuring local, organic ingredients whenever possible, award-winning Executive Chefs Jim & Connie Cohen use a mesquite wood fired grill resulting in dishes that have an incredible depth of flavor. Empire recently received Zagat ratings that places them in the top ten restaurants on Colorado’s front range. Bar, lounge, dining and private party options available.
Santa Monica, California
“Nice, convenient, and delicious”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Located right on the main st in town, this place gives you a high quality dinner option locally. Very cute inside. Good menu choices and the food was healthy and tasty. Would definitely go back for a special meal.

• Visited April 2013

Boulder, Colorado
“Nice atmosphere, average drinks and food for happy hour”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Met a friend for drinks and appetizers and thought the bar and restaurant had a nice vibe and atmosphere, but everything was fairly average. Drinks were okay, food was strangely lackluster (the cheese plate is laughably small and uninspired), and service was unsophisticated. If you want a great happy hour with excellent food and drinks, go to The Kitchen in Boulder. I will probably try this place again for a full dinner with the kids because of the nice vibe. Otherwise, there are more interesting options in Boulder.

Visited February 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have eaten at The Empire several times and have never had the same experience. I love eating in Louisville and tried The Empire the first time when family was in town visitng. That night we had a fantastic experience. The service was excellent and everyone in our party enjoyed their dinners. I returned a few months later with friends and was highly disappointed. Our waitress made several errors on orders at our table and was slow to correct them. The food was mediocre at best. Not sure what has changed, but my recent experiences here have not been as good as my first.

Visited October 2012
boulder, co
“Good place to stop for a bite”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

A nice take on American food. They have a wood burning oven, and really nice combinations of flavors and textures. Perhaps a bit pricey, 12$ Burger, $15 Calamari Salad... But I never regret eating there when I do. when the weather is warm, you can dine at the sidewalk tables, and Main street is so adorable that this can be a treat.

Visited May 2012
“Inconsistent, slow, poorly managed”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I really want to like this place but each time I go back the food and service is poor. We recently got to restaurant on a Sunday evening. It wasn't too busy....close to empty It took some time for someone to greet us...there was no host. We ordered drinks which took longer than they should have to get to us. Salads came out fairly quickly. The food took forever with no "sorry this is taking so long" or anything. The place was empty at this point. Finally the food came, my burger which I ordered medium rare had no pink and was cold. I asked to send it back and the server asked that I cut it open to make sure. This was frustrating as I knew it was from already making a small cut and was going to have to wait even longer. After another 20 minutes of waiting I cancelled the burger. I have had multiple bad experiences here. I live nearby and end up here at different times. I love organic and gourmet food, but unfortunately staff is poorly trained and the food is mediocre. When they first opened got a unbelievablely salty well done burger. When I told waitress....she did not get a manager and made up an excuse for the chef. I didn't send it back that time as to not ruin my partner's experience. The last time I was there ordered a tuna burger with wasabi. Asked the waiter how to order it to be safe.....he suggested rare of course and it came out well done. When it came back cooked rare still didn't taste good and the flavor of sauce was below average. When I have ordered other entrees at other times, usually too salty, flavorless or dry. This place screams of poor management. For by the prices being charged and decore you should get a whole lot more. It easy to tell the owner is oblivious and does not know how to manage a restaurant.