Quality Inn
$145
Hampton.com
$81
$100
Candlewood Suites Longmont(Longmont)(Great Value!)
$127
Orbitz.com
All reviewshot showera nice place to staytissueshighwaydenver
Reviewed January 14, 2013

If you are needing a place to stay, DO NOT STAY HERE! I was APPALLED at the condition this hotel was in when I pulled in. The parking lot was dirty, trash bin overflowing with garbage, etc. When I walked in to check in, I was not greeted with a welcome but rather a very rude "what do you want". The main employee checking in guests was also training a new hire; she was more worried about what the new employee needed than actually checking me in. Then she wanted to bargain with what room I had requested online. Very obnoxious behavior, etc. that overall surprised me from a Quality Inn (Choice Hotels brand).
When I finally did receive my keys, I made my way upstairs to the king room/suite I had requested. Room was okay at first glance, then got worse as I stayed the 4 nights.
Things to note:
- Electrical outlets are minimal in number and the ones that are there, I found 2 that didn't work.
- In the room I stayed in (201) the bathroom was dirty and the water was just nuts! The temperature changed throughout my 15 minute shower from freezing to boiling hot. I mentioned this to the front desk associate when I checked out, they are working on it.
- TV is actually hung on the wall - which is okay but it makes it difficult to connect a portable DVD player to it. Also the way the room is (was) configured there is a hanging wall light directly to the right of the TV. I was curious who the idiot was who hung the TV that close to a damn light!
- Wear socks or shoes during your stay, the carpet is disgusting on your bare feet!
- How the room is laid is rather confusing - one can't sit in the chair & watch TV because it is stuck in the opposite corner of the room.

For the price I paid, it was reasonable but I don't think I'll be staying here again due to the lack of customer service - not ONCE was I greeted coming in or going out of the hotel during my 4-day stay. I never partook in the breakfast accept for snagging a piece of fruit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JanetCat73
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

The rooms are all to be non smoking but the smell of smoke hits you when you open the door. The noise from the hi way is so loud makes it hard to sleep we were told that was the quiet side of the hotel. The pool was dirty, I was afraid of what one could catch if they actually used the hot tub which was cooler than the pool. Huge air conditioner in hall gas sign that said do not use fire hazard. Not my best choice by far.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After staying a night there, I ended up meeting a really nice front desk clerk who had worked there, and BOY am I glad I didn't touch the breakfast.
The lady who checked me in, was rude and short with me for no reason, then in the morning that lady was also rude and short. I can't believe choice would have their name on such a dump, with such horrible workers. The Super 8 behind them probably would have been a better stay!
So if you are driving by and think you might need to stop find the clerk I found and find out why you don't want to stay or eat, go to McDonalds the food there is probably safer for you.

Room Tip: Marriotts are farther in Longmont drive a little farther to get a GOOD room not a DUMP
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Me2008
Reviewed August 23, 2012

For the price , it was an acceptable place. A bit hard to find. Front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were very clean and comfort was OK . Did not use the pool. It is a reasonable priced hotel to get some rest before going through the Rocky Mountains,Estes Park or Denver. Kids seemed to liked this place as well.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Pros: The location off the interstate is great. The room was clean and the bed was very comfy.

Cons: Upon checking in, I have the clerk a copy of my email confirmation. She looked at it then seriously asked us if we had reservations. Wow. It took about 15 minutes for her to get us checked in.

I took my kids to the indoor pool and hot tub later only to find out the lights were off at 7pm. I went to front desk only to be blatantly ignored for about 10 minutes. I was looking at the light switch behind the front desk marked pool and it was in the off position. Another guest came in and asked someone else about the pool room lights and they said they just needed to turn them on. It still took another 5 minutes to get that done. After they were on, I know why they were off. Hot tub was mold green with stuff floating in it. The pool was fairly clean, but not good. And there's no place for parents to sit and watch their kids. The two plastic lounge chairs were in pieces.

The next morning, went to breakfast where the waffle batter was sitting out not refrigerated all morning. Food wasn't stocked well and there was little choice.

We walked past the pool that morning and there was a film of some sort covering the pool.

The toilet wasn't flushing well and the towels were little pieces of sandpaper.

Can't recommend this hotel for anyone with kids wanting a pool or a hot tub.

• Stayed: June 2012