“Groupon turned WHOOPon!!!”

Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed May 29, 2013

So, I had the best experience at the Best Western in Longmont, CO this past Sunday - got upgraded to an executive suite on a Groupon purchase, of all things! Anyway, the great host told me about this program, and I have to say...if you balance the size of their rooms, the comfort of their beds, the clean bathroom, with laundry facilities, a heated indoor pool including hot tub, and a fresh warm breakfast against a slightly higher but non-haggled room rate AND add in the amenities that only a motorcycle tourer would appreciate (washing station, cloths, designated awning to park under - I'd spell that as DEAL!!!

Wish I could get commissions ;-) Safe and HAPPY Travels!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JLHalliday1
stacy_rosener, Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

We’re happy to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade to our Executive Suite! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Using the Groupon like many others did, this was a pleasant surprise for a Best Western! Our king room suite in the "Executive Wing" was huge and very clean! I agree that the train was an issue - even being on the back side of the hotel, as a light sleeper, the 3am train woke me up and seemed never-ending! Harold's was another pleasant surprise. Even with other reviewers praising it, I had to see for myself how good a hotel restaurant in Longmont could be. I was slightly sad I didn't have a bigger appetite because too many of the items on the menu sounded delicious. But what we did have was quite good! If you don't mind being 20 minutes outside of Boulder, this is a great option! And definitely go to the farmer's market on Saturday!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am pleased that you enjoyed your suite and your meal at our restaurant, Harold’s. We hope that you come back to sample more of what they have to offer!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Traveling through Colorado visiting family we stayed at the Longmont Best Western. Mostly I find Best Western's to be so-so. This one was an exception. Very nice clean rooms and a good variety of choices for the complimentary breakfast. We liked the "pod" coffee maker in our room and it was good coffee. Housekeeping staff was very friendly -- front desk, on and off friendly. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. We’re glad that you chose stay with us!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I took my dogs and went to a dog show in Loveland, CO. We stayed at this hotel in Longmont because it was pet friendly. I walked in with my 2 large dogs and they were great. The employees were all friendly and helpful. The room was large. Being handicapped I was glad to see the shower had a built in bench, made it much easier for me. The put me on the ground floor near a door to the outside so I could take the dogs out very easily. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated having a chair and loveseat as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Linda T

I am pleased to hear that you and your furry family members enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you all again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We went to Colorado for my brother's wedding. Almost everyone flew in from somewhere else--us from Canada, our mom from California, my other brother and his family from Illinois. Everyone was impressed with the hotel's amenities and the staff. Staff were very helpful and accommodating--even before we got there. After making reservations, we had requested for everyone's rooms to be close together, and they put our rooms right beside and across each other's--even though we arrived on different days and times!
Then of course there were the large rooms, the sleep number bed, the iPod dock, the Keurig coffee maker, the free bottled water and cookies, the awesome breakfast, the free laundry (you just had to buy your own detergent), the great location (close to restaurants, the mall, Target, and downtown Boulder)...and the list goes on and on.
For a mother of kids aged 5 and 10, it was more than I could ask for.
Thank you Longmont Plaza Hotel for making helping make our first visit to Colorado such a memorable one.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

It’s always wonderful for us when we can be a part making our guests’ vacations and events special. Thank you for being our guest and leaving such a great review of our hotel.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are looking for a nice reasonable good value hotel to stay in the Denver, Boulder Longmont area this is your kind of place. Sure it is a little dated and you do hear the trains coming through at night (not to noisily) but the beds are top notch comfy, the service is hospitable and genuine and to top off they have a gem of a restaurant called Harolds. The restaurant is in appearance an upscale diner with vintage music softly playing in the background allowing you to enjoy an evening with your partner or just a delightful visit with the bartenders. The food is second to none with a limited but first rate selection of unique cuisine to appeal to most palates. We understand they have the best burger you can imagine, however we settled for probably one of the best presented chopped salad and lamb dishes we have had the pleasure of eating. Despite the inclement weather during our brief stay the hotel was more than enough of a highlight that we didn't care. A nice surprise.

Room Tip: You may want to try to have your room face the courtyard.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

We are very pleased to hear that you found Harold’s to be “top-notch”. We are very proud of the restaurant, the delightful cuisine and the wonderful atmosphere that they offer guests!

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Over the years, we have stayed in several Longmont area hotels. By far, this is THE best one we have chosen, and it will be the one we continue to use whenever we are in the area. We have family in Longmont and travel there occasionally for family events such as weddings, funerals, birthdays, etc. The Best Western is convenently located. The hot breakfast buffet was the highlight of every morning. The hotel, and the rooms, were clean and attractive. The employees were courteous and helpful. The beds were comfortable, but we did have a bit of trouble adjusting to the sleep number beds -- especially after my sister took both remotes and thought she was controlling only her own bed. :) The only disappointment was having only a shower and not a tub, but other than that, the rooms were spacious, well laid out, well maintained and incredibly comfortable. The Wi-Fi service worked well, too.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from the train tracks.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for rating us the best hotel you have stayed at in Longmont! We look forward to seeing you again soon.