“We were blown away!”

Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Longmont, Colorado
“We were blown away!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was initially inclined to say that this hotel was "excellent for the price". But that would be a mistake...this hotel would be excellent for nearly twice the price! We had stayed a couple of times at another hotel in Longmont that cost nearly twice as much. It was very nice, but this Best Western can match them, amenity for amenity. The staff is super, the room was amazingly clean and comfortable and breakfast was great. We will definitely stay there again. It's also good to hear from other reviewers that they are definitely pet friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank COSusan
BWPlusPlazaHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We cannot thank you enough for sharing such a lovely review of your recent stay at the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel. We are very pleased we were able to provide you with comfortable accommodations, a great breakfast and superb service. Your compliments are very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Longmont, Colorado
Reviewed March 9, 2013

It is located by 119.I had a room facing courtyard. It was a quiet & convenient place, close to restaurants. The front desk people are nice and friendly, and are able to help when ever I need them. Like it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BWPlusPlazaHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the accommodations, service and location of the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel. Thank you very much for sharing your impressions from your recent stay. The next time you are traveling in the area we hope that you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back again.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

I suggested this hotel for my manager and I to stay at while on business in Longmont. This hotel scored major points for me, as my manager was very pleased with my choice! The staff was awesome; our rooms were clean, very spacious, and the beds were super comfortable; the pub (connected to the hotel) served great food and drinks, and their staff was very friendly; the complimentary breakfast was the best free breakfast I've had. The best thing about this place was how inexpensive it was to stay here! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank KikisTravel
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback as well as your high recommendation, we are thrilled you had such a positive experience at Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel. Providing a great value with our professional service and quality accommodations are our top priority and we are delighted that both you and your manager were pleased with your stay. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Colorado and since I travel with a pet (dog) I have had a lot of abuse in many so called pet friendly hotels. I generally stay at La Quinta if possible because of their quality and reasonable per policy. The Best Western Plus has been the best! Great quality, super pet friendly, nice grounds for the pooch and super friendly staff. The hot breakfast is nit bad either! Stay here and enjoy!!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Bio_Salesman
BWPlusPlazaHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
At the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel we understand it is hard to leave behind your best friend, that is why we not only welcome you to stay with us but your pet as well. We are thrilled that we could provide you with the right combination of quality and friendliness to make your stay great. Thank you for your compliments, we hope that the next time you are in the area you will allow us to welcome you back again.
New York City, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2013

We arrived in the middle of the night (about 2 am) after a full work day, two connecting (and delayed) flights, and almost an hour drive from the airport. The woman at the front desk said all the right things and was welcoming -- it was just what a tired mom and 7 year old needed to hear. I discovered the free breakfast ends at 9 am - which seemed early to me. I had a call to do in the morning and was concerned about whether we'd make breakfast in time. Without missing a beat the front desk woman said, "if you're running late, just call me - we'll have someone bring food to your room." I expect that at 5 star hotels when I travel, but not hotels without room service - really wonderful. The bed was (firm) comfortable, the room was outdated decor but very large and very clean. The train whistle did rocket me out of bed a couple of times, so suggest you ask for a room, on the backside of the hotel if you think that will bother you. The next morning we were able to make it in time for the breakfast. They had green chile with eggs and ham and it was a little on the cold side but really tasty, along with fruit, cereal, yogurt and the usual breakfast breads. Unfortunately, I didn't find the dining area attendants to be at all helpful other than when they were replenishing the food. They stood/watched as I made many trips helping my 7 yr old carry her cereal, look for silverware, carry orange juice, carry my breakfast, find coffee creamer, etc. They didn't move a muscle or ask what we were looking for once. I suspect that if I had asked, they would have helped a little - they were certainly not nasty or anything, just not service oriented/trained. There are many restaurants, movies and shopping all within walking distance of this hotel. It is centrally located if you are there for work at say IBM, Staples, or many other businesses. The only real negative I have about this hotel is that they do not have an indoor swimming pool (they have a seasonal outdoor pool I believe) and the breakfast buffet ends a little early. The decor is outdated, but it is very clean, spacious and the entire facility seemed well-kept to me. It wouldn't be my first choice without a pool, but I would definitely not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back to avoid train whistles waking you up.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mommylonglegs
BWPlusPlazaHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
We can’t thank you enough for your review and gracious praise for the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel and our front desk staff. It is always a pleasure for us to be able to assist our guests and do whatever we can to make their stay easy and enjoyable. You are correct in your statement about our pool; we do have an outdoor heated pool that is open in the summer months and would love for you to experience a refreshing swim when it opens. We would; however, like to offer you our apologies for the level of service you encountered in the dining area. Your comments will be passed along to our management team so that we may continue to improve our service. Thank you once again for sharing your impressions and experience with us. We hope that the next time you are in the area you will allow us the pleasure of welcoming you back.
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed in Best Westerns before and they've never been as nice as this one. The rooms are clean and either have Sleep Number beds or Temporpedic beds. The suites have more than ample space with large soaking tubs and separate showers. The complimentary breakfast is one of the nicest I have experienced. They serve a full breakfast with a different hot entree every day and are exceptional at making you feel at home.

Room Tip: rooms on the backside of the hotel are quieter
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Debidy
BWPlusPlazaHotel, General Manager at Best Western Plus Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
We can’t thank you enough for your lovely review of the Best Western PLUS Plaza Hotel. It means so much to us that you enjoyed your stay and that we could exceed your expectations. Our hotel is the only full service hotel in Longmont and our number one priority is our guests and creating a memorable experience for them. Please visit us again soon as it would be our pleasure to welcome you back.