“Great Pool and friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Longmont
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed October 25, 2010

We arrived in Longmont a little earlier than planned. The hotel had a room ready and the front office staff was able to check us in early. The kids had a blast in the indoor pool with the twisty slide that goes outside the building. They also had a great toddler pool with a slide in it as well. The rooms were very clean and had comfortable beds. Shopping and restaurants were nearby. We didn't like the train waking us up first thing in the morning.

Breakfast was nice and the staff was friendly. We went on the Celestial Seasonings tour which was 20 minutes away. What a cool place! All in all, this was a nice, comfortable stay!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Longmont

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I've stayed at a lot of holiday inns so have a good base to compare with.

Cons
-Chlorine smell in the lobby
-213-219 and 313-319 (odd numbers) have no outside window but overlook the pool. Comes with chlorine smell in the room. Felt claustrophobic to me.
No cookies
No bottled water for platinum members
Kids running around due to the excitement of the pool
Expensive. I paid something like $150 with an advance aaa rate when most other HIexpresses are around $100.

Pro - clean and comfortable but that can be said for most Holiday inn expresses.

This hotel focuses on the bigger than normal pool and includes water slides. So if you have kids and go for the pool you are likely to give it 5 stars. For other people then this is a comfortable stay but not worth the extra premium.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2010

This was a nice stop in civilization in a drive across the country. It was everything you would expect in a newer HIE. The furniture was newer and comfortable. We needed two beds and they were nearly sold out, so we booked a suite. When I heard it was downstairs, I figured we were in for a noisy night, but it was one of the quietest rooms I've ever stayed in. The person I booked with described the suite as "not two separate rooms, but two areas with a partition." I found that to be inaccurate since a pair of double doors separated the two sleeping areas. It seemed better than he described. The whirlpool tub was awesome and really clean. The place was pretty expensive (suite or not) for this price point, but I guess they can command those prices during the busy seasons. Great stay overall.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Pros:
Quick and friendly staff.
Large rooms with very comfortable beds.
Clean and well maintained facility.
Near many restaurants and shops.
Good, hot breakfast with one of the friendliest attendants ever.
Great 'business center' for a quick computer use.
Free cookies in evening.
Nicest stairwells I've ever seen in a hotel. These are carpeted, wide and well-lit. They really encourage one to take the stairs.
Excellent pool with water slide and kiddie pool.

Cons:
The water slide is only open at select times when a 'lifeguard' is on duty. Check ahead to avoid disappointed child.
Hot tub was unbearably hot.
We stayed on Priority Points, but a fellow traveler in the pool area told us how surprised he was at the high price of a room.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2010

This hotel is wonderful! Located within walking distance of several restaurants, bars and a shopping area. The staff are VERY accomodating. The hotel is very clean and comfortable and the beds......the night sleep was incredible!! The pool is the best! Has a water slide for little ones and a water slide for big kids! I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing to stay in Longmont!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2010

I'm from texas and we were headed to Estes Park for my brothers wedding. I'm an IHG employee so I decided to take advantage of my discount and stay at the nearest property. After an all night drive we pulled up to the hotel. I travelled with my husband and three small children. The desk clerk did not have a room clean but checked me in within minutes just to get me a room so we could rest. On our way to the room my three year old spotted the huge pool, slide and 12" kiddie pool (how neat!) We entered the room and it was soo big plenty of room for a family of five. The beds were so plump and comfortable I had to take a step just to get on it. This hotel was a great experience! I work at a Crowne Plaza and it doesn't even compare to this hotel. The pool was great! The breakfast was free and hot. Anytime you walked by the staff they were always greeting you. Family travelers if your in the area this is the best place to stay. It accomodates everyone even the little ones. I will def. be back if I'm in the area. Great Job GM!! You have a great crew!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is the best holiday inn I have stayed in. Extremely clean, friendly staff and spacious spaaaaaaaaaaaaaacious rooms. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple