“Locked out of room”

Holiday Inn Express Longmont
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Longmont
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Our poor desk clerk, David, was just overwhelmed, he had us locked out of our room, another guest that was given a key to someone's room (in the act) and us in running clothes needing to get changed and meet our guest for dinner. He called the GM (owner??) and was told do what you can, break the door down?? went to dinner in the running clothes, very embarrassing, came back to find David had cut a wire off a tree to reach under the door and open the latch. David said the GM would make it right,.......he won't even return my phone calls. Yeah for David, BOO to Jeff.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longmont, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Todd J,

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the incident you described. It is not a common occurrence at our hotel. We will addressing this with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future. Your comments are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Myrna M

Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is great for kids! It has spacious, clean rooms. The pool has a warm kids pool with slide. The breakfast had a lot of variety and good food. The location was right off the HWY. And the staff was very friendly!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Parking lot recently coated and the odor was quite unpleasant. No particular inconvenience. Check in process was rather lengthy and when I got to my assigned room, was disappointed to find that it had not been prepared for occupancy and I had to wait an additional 20 minutes. Although I did check in before the suggested time, to get a room that was not ready or to not be told to come back in a few was unacceptable. Each room is also supposed to have a microwave and small fridge that we're not in the room at the time I checked in but were promptly delivered before I had to ask for them.  They are also having issues with the Direct TV and it is really slow responding to commands. Otherwise the room is comfortable and quiet and the breakfast is decent. Not my first choice in Longmont but an acceptable alternative. Prompt response by management to my concerns.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Longmont, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Dear steven l,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Pool area was great! The kids loved it. Clean and otherwise what you'd expect from a hotel. Except the front desk staff. Impolite, unhelpful, and just rude. Lifeguards on duty were unengaged. One read a book and barely looked up at the children, another played on his phone and had head phones on. Expressed my concerns to front desk about her attitude and the lifeguards' lack of engagement and was met with hostility and rudeness and even a backhanded comment about my parenting. I wasn't impressed at all. Would probably be an OK place to stay if you don't have any customer service needs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear L H,

I appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback about your visit. It is good to know that our pool facility met your expectations. However, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have had with the service received from our reception staff. Your comments have been documented and will be discussed with our team to ensure instances like this do not happen again in the future.

Pam G

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Service - above and beyond expectations, clean, personable staff, stayed 5 dayside& was not disappointed in my selection.
They were doing drive way repairs & the night manger gave up his space to accommodate us!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for the first 10 days after evacuation (including the early days when I could not reach home). Everyone here was tremendously accommodating. They went out of their way to help us and worked hard each day to extend our stay (and some of our neighbors). They waived the pet fees and brought us a fridge and microwave as soon as they were available. The hotel was packed to the roof with evacuees and pets, but you never saw overflowing garbage, running out of breakfast items, or any signs of all the folks stuck there.

It was a hard time for the hotel workers as well, as many were working very long hours to cover for fellow employees who could not get there due to the flooding. The HIE employees were friendly every time I stopped at the front desk to ask for something else (and certainly they knew of folks with damaged properties, if not owning damaged ones themselves). The manager and head of account sales worked hard to keep our rates as low as they could go given the circumstances even though I didn't ask for it (while a couple of other hotels were mysteriously trying to charge more). David and Barbara were two of the folks behind the desk that I personally dealt with the most and they never refused me anything even if it wasn't something they could do right away. Hopefully, I never have to stay 15 miles away from home again, but if I do, I know where to go! And I know where to put up friends/guests who want a hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

A once in 500 year flood, stranded people, and stranded employees didn't interrupt the excellent service. Maria and staff made it all come together, with smiles and great attitudes. Thanks to all

Rick Wadle