“Less for More”

Red Lobster
Ranked #103 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Every time we come to Longmont we take my mother to Red Lobster, as she loves fish, crab and lobster and does not have much opportunity to go out for such. We have been happy with the service and for the most part the food at the Longmont location. We have tried a variety of lunch plates, salads and soups and the food has been fresh and well flavored, with no complaints. Service at this location is friendly, welcoming, and works with the customer to put together lunch combos or "add ons" to create exactly the meal that the customer wants (and at the lowest expense). That brings me to my big disappointment with Red Lobster, and that is how expensive many of the dishes have become, and how small some of the portions are (such as the flounder lunch plate - the fish is minuscule). Current pricing is making us rethink our "every time in Longmont" visits to the Lobster, and moving us to consider independent restaurants such as Tortuga (not inexpensive but much more innovative and much less processed). Oh, but how I would miss those cheese biscuits! In any case, for food and service I'd give the Lobster a 4, but the score goes down to a 3 when taking price and portion size into consideration.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I highly recommend the Red Lobster Restaurant in Longmont, CO. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The food is always served fresh and delicious. I have never had a situation in which I received poorly prepared food or errors with my orders in the past few years since we've been going there. My wife and son love the snow crab plate and usually always order that platter. Red Lobster is always a good choice to celebrate a special occasion like an anniversary or birthday. We're really happy we have a good Red Lobster restaurant in our city.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

I do love seafood and that is their specialty. The staff are friendly, service is good, the manager stops by to see if everything is OK. Since Red Lobster is found all over the country it is my go-to place when traveling to find a good meal.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Red Lobster has become an average place to eat. Of course, it depends on the time of day and who is cooking. Last time we ordered the Lobster Pizza, it didn't have much lobster meat on it. When I complained to the manager he made me a pizza, personally, and it was much better. They do try to accommodate our requests - no seasoning on the vegetables, for example. I think the proportions are getting smaller and the plates/platters are smaller, while the prices keep going up. They are serving fewer biscuits, too. Have to beg for more then one a piece. I am disappointed that it isn't like it used to be - just average food. Service depends on who you get and the experience they have had - varies.

Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Had dinner with some of the family had great service and the food was a lot better than I had expected. I dont usually eat a lot in one sitting but I eat everything on my plate and all that they had not finished and even got some more to go. The staff was amazing one of the servers even took my 5 year old to check out the live lobsters. We will definitely be coming back.