“Upscale Mexican”
Review of Antonios The Taste of Mexico - CLOSED

Antonios The Taste of Mexico
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Antonio's Cuisine Is Freshly Prepared,authentic, Regional, Gourmet Mexican And New Mexican That Is Known To Be Consistently Of The Highest Quality Ingredients With Native Flavors, Variety Of Fresh Vegetables, Gluten Free Dishes, And Style Of Presentation Makes Antonio's Unique And Well Distinctive Of Other Mexican Restaurants.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I have enjoyed several meals here since they opened and have not been disappointed in anything I have had. Try the guacamole, it's made fresh at your table and it wonderful! Their signature dish, Chili Rellenos en Nogada, was a special treat! I have also had the chili rellenno and just today the burrito. My goal is to give everything on the menu a try!

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was wonderful, the service was perfect, could not have been any better. The food so different and delicious! Guacamole made at the table and was the best. My husband is very particular about his salsa, this was great. The food was excellent. Looking forward to taking our friends from CA who visit to our new favorite restaurant!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Antonio's on a busy Saturday evening and had a 35 minute wait before being seated. The wait was worth it! With most Mexican restaurants in the area serving pedestrian food with globs of sauce/cheese on top, Antonio's offers elegant and upscale cuisine. We opted for the cerviche as an appetizer and were not disappointed. The serving of mahi mahi in a lime brine was very tasty. The portion was more than ample for the 2 of us, but we finished every bite. My wife had the specialty chile relleno which she said was great. I had the cheese enchiladas with a delicious bean sauce. The flavors of both our dishes were complex and satisfying. Finnaly, the desert flan was perfectly prepared with no hint of graininess. The only drawback to the restaurant was the very high noise level.

1  Thank GeorgeW1111
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Wow!! Just had a wonderful dinner in Longmont. Started with the best guacamole I've had in ages, made right at our table. This was a huge portion, probably 3x or more what you usually are served. Delicious Margaritas, I had the jalapeno infused(they ran out of the mango/chipotle, sadly), my husband had the house. Mine was tart with a kick. I had the marinated pork in a banana leaf(sorry I forget the real name) and my husband had lamb. Absolutely delicious, fresh, and imaginative. Also served in plentiful portions. Flan for dessert was also fabulous and huge. Everyone was warm and welcoming. We loved it. Oh, and the prices are very reasonable for a meal as nice as this. I hope Antonio doesn't raise his prices! We will be back. And if you live in Boulder or one of the surrounding communities it is worth the drive. Fabulous dinner, warm wonderful people for a fraction of the price of a nice dinner in Boulder.

1  Thank Booksloth
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Title says it all! Jeremy is a great server, attentive and helpful in describing the menu. Our first visit was just after they opened, no liquor license, but still worth it, second time, loved it too, third time, still love it!
You have to try their margs! Very interesting, the mango and jalapeno ones are "peppery and spicy" not at all your "over the counter sweet stuff" $8 to $10, well worth it!

2  Thank AnnaK1946