Tortugas
Ranked #12 of 292 Restaurants in Longmont
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Last time I was here was not long after they opened 20 years ago. A restaurant has to be good to still be open this long. It's located in a residential area across from the post office. Not where you would think a restaurant would be located. They do have a nice patio with shade. We went on a Wednesday and to our surprise they offer a complimentary bottle of wine with two entrees on Wednesdays. We started with the fried egg plant and goat cheese Napoleon. I don't like egg plant that much but this appetizer gave it a plus. I had the potato and crab crust grouper on a spinach cream sauce. The dish also included fried plantains, which I'm not a big fan of and still am not. The grouper was cooked perfectly. It was moist and flavorful. The crust was very thin and delicate. The sauce complimented the dish well. My wife had the salmon Vera Cruz and the fish again was cooked perfectly. The sauce gave added flavor to the dish. Next time I won't stay away so long. The restaurant is a little pricey but the complimentary bottle of wine makes up the difference.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I dined solo here about a week ago. They have a great patio that was shaded and tastefully decorated. The staff was completely pleasant without being obtrusive or over-accommodating. They are a bit on the pricey end, but the food execution is worth the price. Totally reasonable portions (although I was very hungry and ate all of my meal). The cocktails are great and they have a decent wine list. I was hoping there were more than three desserts offered, but because their menu wasn't huge this was an appropriate number (I wanted something fruity...and not key lime pie :) ) I will be back!

1  Thank billythecat
Reviewed June 16, 2014

One of the best restaurants in Boulder county. I don't know how Pete does it, but he cooks fish better than anyone, anywhere. It is always tender, flavorful and moist. His dishes have a caribbean flair, but are always creative and original. Expect a hint of spice.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We had not been to tortugas in many years and were invited by some friends. The meal was very good and the service was great. We had a good time and everyone thought their meal was well prepared. We will be back.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just ate there last Friday and the food was fabulous as always. I had the Opah which was very well prepared. My husband had the Jambalaya which is always his favorite. Best restaurant in Longmont, CO!

1  Thank cles32

Been to Tortugas? Share your experiences!