“Quality American fare”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great food, great bar and social scene. The menu has some interesting twists on the traditional. A little pricey for the value, though.

Crazeecook, Owner at Dickens Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

We use only fresh ingredients and we hope it's a quality and taste our customers don't mind paying a little extra for, Chris. That said, we do try to keep costs down and give people a delicious plate of food in a fun, friendly environment. It sounds like you think we've been able to deliver, and I'm thrilled you've always enjoyed everything here. Hope to see you again soon!

Best,

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I only ate there once and ordered the Shepard's Pie. When it arrived I was disappointed because it was not a traditional Shepard's Pie. It came in a plate where the pie was just a scoop of it in a bowl. Shepard's Pie belongs in it's own individual casserole dish. I would try it again because the food I ate at least tasted good.

Crazeecook, Owner at Dickens Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Sorry to hear you were surprised by our take on Shepard's Pie and that you were disappointed it wasn't served in a casserole dish. That said, it sounds like you enjoyed the flavors and that everything tasted good which is great -- I'm really happy to hear that! I'm not sure if you've been in since you wrote this but I'd love to welcome you back. We have a menu filled with homemade favorites and I'm confident we can really wow you the next time around.

Hope to see you soon,

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Somehow I'd never been here before. We came in for the Sunday brunch. My husband had the breakfast burrito and it was amazing. I kinda wish I'd also had it. I have the waffle and chose the stewed (?) apples with caramel. It was really sweet, which I should have expected. The whipping cream was fresh homemade, not canned. The apples were truly amazing! I did order a side of sausage, which was late, and then wasn't really that great. The coffee is tasty and strong, my husband's mimosa was great.
The dining room is elegant - wood paneling and original brick.
We'll be back for more, and if we ever do dinner, I'll review that separately.

Crazeecook, Owner at Dickens Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to review us last November, Ellyn. While I'm sorry to hear your side of sausage arrived a little late and that it didn't wow you, I am thrilled to hear you and your husband loved the rest of your breakfast. I'm so glad that he loved his burrito and that you enjoyed your waffle, and that the comfortable atmosphere in here was such a nice addition to your meal. Have you been back for dinner yet? If not, I'd love to welcome you back and find out what you think.

Thanks again for the great review,

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Located at the corner of 3rd Ave and Main inLongmont in a well preserved old brick building. Simple food, but some great happy hour appetizers like Dickens shrimp $8 for eight pieces of bacon wrapped,Jalapeño stuffed shrimp. Our dinner was mostly salads that were very good and a beer can 1/2 chicken. Everything was very reasonably priced. Nice selection of micro brews at very good prices.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I held a Wedding Rehearsal luncheon there and they handled everything Great! The catering manager was a great help. Everything was ready when my guests arrived. The Wait staff was very friendly and very attentive. We had a BBQ lunch and I received several comments that the Chicken was (seriously) Fantastic!
Great Historic place that is a nice addition to Longmont.