“Very good meal”

Cuisines: Thai
Colorado
“Very good meal”
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We really enjoyed our meal at Thai Kitchen in Longmont. We were seeing reviews from others of very poor service, and had been there a while ago where service was very slow. However, tonight they did a great job. We were seated right away, order taken within 5-7 minutes and appetizer on the table in another 5-10 at the most. It was the spring rolls in a peanut sauce. Very good. The red curry with shrimp came in no more than another 10 minutes. It was very flavorful, rice perfectly cooked. The sticky rice with sweet mango was a very yummy conclusion. Generous portions of all. My husband and I shared it all. Satisfying, delicious, and a big improvement in service.

• Visited February 2014

“New Owner's”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

New owner's = great food!! Very tastey meal & helpful staff. Will go again often!! Waiter had some good recommendations. He was smart about spices used in the menu. We had a couple special requests and they got them right the first time. This might become the new place to take friends to show off food in Longmont. We will for sure go back soon.

• Visited August 2013
Egypt
“Must have changed ownership”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We used to go here all of the time and enjoyed the food tremendously. The last time we ordered 4 meals to take home, and they were all disappointing. I cook Thai food often and have visited Thailand 5 times, so I am no stranger to what this cuisine should taste like.

I always order the food slightly spicy and then adjust the spiciness up to my taste by asking for ground chili (it is easy to add heat, impossible to take out). This last time, I was curtly told it only came one way, and when got I my green curry dish, it was painful to eat, and I am not that adverse to a fairly spicy dish. We ordered vegetarian Pad Thai and received chicken instead, which was not very good. We live 11 miles away from the restaurant, so it was not worth returning. The other two dishes were just mediocre.

We are done patronizing this Thai restaurant and pray that someone will open something better in Longmont very soon.

• Visited June 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Good curries, soups. So-so service and Pad Thai”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

FOOD: Very good, large portion, authentic Thai Curries (our favorite is the red), Tom Kha and Tom Yum. And I used to like the Pad Thai but they don't make it right anymore. It is supposed to have, as condiments: fresh limes, chiles, cilantro and scallion. Thats how its done in Thailand (lived there 6 months) and for me, it makes the dish. I have been told that people usually don't eat those things so they stopped adding it. 3 times for take out I requested these things, they said yes and I got home to find it missing. 4th time, I didn't leave without checking and they flatly refused. Not 'we don't have' but 'you can't have' !!
SERVICE/AMBIANCE: minimal. Boring, generic Asian restaurant decor in a small place. It's all about the take-out BUT for that, you need good customer service... See above. I'm in Boulder enough, I'll be getting my Thai at Khow Thai or May Wah from now on... Too bad. TK is good other than this Pad Thai issue.

• Visited April 2013
Longmont, Colorado
“Fairly authentic, not packed with fillers”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

Food is decent quality and apparently not to much messed up with MSG and other stuff. I love specifically the appetizers. Never been disappointed by the food. Service could be a bit more attentive, but obviously that is a function of how many guests are there

Visited September 2012