“always great”

Mike O'shays Restaurant & Ale
Ranked #4 of 277 Restaurants in Longmont
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“always great”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

very good food and fair prices. always a good experience and a friendly, fun night out. be aware it can be very loud, that's the only downside.

• Visited November 2013

“green chili burrito”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant. Always busy but fast service. It was the meeting place for our first date. The owner is wonderful and often on site and will visit with the patrons. A very full and complete bar as well as daily specials that are always tasty and unique.

• Visited December 2013
Firestone, Colorado
“Meeting friends”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Diverse menu items.All delivered hot and tasty.Many great beers to choose from.Ambiance great.The old wooden bar reminds me of Ireland.The seating and wait staff is always friendly and polite.We always have a great time when we are there.

• Visited February 2014
“Inconsistent”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been going to O'shays since they opened. Generally, the quality of food is very good but you pay for the quality of the food you get. Today, I ordered the shrimp creole - off the special menu. It had 5 medium shrimp with a good tomato creole sauce on a half cup of white rice for $16.99. If I had known that it was so expensive for what I got I would not have ordered it, even though it was good. Also had the bread pudding dessert and the presentation was very poor - chunks of bread with a bourbon sauce poured over it. The house Irish burger was excellent when they served it on a pretzel bun, but "if we want a pretzel bun we can go to Wendy's". Service is usually very good and they try to "get it right" if I am unhappy with the food (which is getting to be more often then I like). The Emerald Isle Salmon has always been my favorite dish and you can't get it any where else. Ask for the sauce on the side as it varies on the strength of the garlic depending on who makes it. I have loved going to O'shay's, but I don't like the changes in the food and the increase in the prices for the quantity of food I get.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank CO_Traveler_01
Longmont, Colorado
“Corn Beef and Cabbage Every Wednesday”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The menu at Mike O'Shays is extensive and varied. We love the "pub" atmosphere. Happy Hour offers snacks and cheese at the bar, as well as good value on drinks. All tables feature purse hooks, which I love. The food is delicious, service excellent and there is some outdoor seating in the warm months.

Visited February 2014